QA Engineer (API Test Automation)
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering - QA /
Kinsa is looking for mid to senior level QA Engineers to join our Engineering team during an exciting time of accelerated growth. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly growing company with a highly collaborative and high-performing team. If you are a strong QA generalist with a breadth of project and testing experience across mobile/frontend, backend and hardware, and a passion to learn more… this position could be for you.
Kinsa was founded with a mission to stop illness from spreading by knowing where and when it starts. Our mission has never been more important or more relevant than it is right now. We are leading the charge in the fight against COVID-19. Our real-time map of illness has been featured in the New York Times, on Rachel Maddow, CNBC, FOX News, The Economist, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, etc. Turn on the TV, open the paper… We are making headlines bringing our data to the fight. We’ve done this by successfully transforming the first device you grab when sickness strikes - the thermometer - into a sensor to detect when and where illness is rising and communicate with those who have just fallen ill.
This role could be for you:
We are looking for smart and passionate engineers who want to work on problems that matter in the world. Given our diverse technology stack, we prefer self-starting, generalist engineers who can dive into a variety of projects and make meaningful contributions quickly. We are also looking for strong specialists who can teach the rest of us how things should be done! This a great opportunity to shine in your current area of expertise and expand your testing expertise to new areas: hardware (BLE connectivity, firmware), mobile/web apps (native iOS/Android, web dashboards), server (API, database, analytics) and so much more. If this sounds exciting... keep on reading!
- Design and implement test automation frameworks and other infrastructure needed to support RESTful and/or GraphQL API-based projects
- Implement test automation in the areas of (but not limited to) functional, load, performance and security vulnerability
- Collaborate with and advise other QA engineers with varying degrees of software test automation experience
- Collaborate within cross-functional teams to determine test automation needs including requirements analysis, resource allocation, scope, schedule and risk mitigation
- Perform manual testing of software (native mobile apps, web apps, etc.) and thermometer hardware as needed to ensure end-to-end functionality
- Participate in build and integration activities
Experience / Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in a dedicated software test automation role
- Have designed and implemented GraphQL and/or RESTful API test automation frameworks and other supporting infrastructure from the ground up
- Programming experience: Python, GraphQL APIs, REST APIs, Java
- Test automation experience: TestNG, REST Assured, JUnit
- Build and integration experience: GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Travis CI
- Project/issue tracking experience: Jira, Confluence, TestRail
- QA experience supporting mainstream consumer software/hardware products
- User advocate with an appreciation for public health
- Proven experience thriving in high-quality, agile software development teams within startup environments
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Upbeat, adaptable, positive attitude
- Experience with SQL and analytics
- Experience with health technology products (software, wearables, medical device, etc.)
- Experience with mobile test automation (Katalon Studio, Appium, etc.)
There are four key characteristics of our team that we hope are traits you have as well:
Be Passionate: The Kinsa team is driven towards a goal that is bigger than themselves, they have a real passion in working toward a solution for a widespread social issue. Our work is stimulating, meaningful and has purpose.
Be Committed:We are committed to our mission. We have a tremendous opportunity in front of us: to change the face of public health and save hundreds of thousands of lives in the process. We are committed to working hard, working smart, working together, and doing what it takes to make a difference. Our time is now.
Be Efficient: We are a startup, and we are proud of our work so far but there is a lot more work to be done. Moving fast is the result of good planning, decision making, and execution.
Be Inclusive: Solving one of the most important public health problems of our time requires a mix of perspectives and approaches, which is why diversity of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, religious belief and ethnicity are all welcome and greatly valued at Kinsa. We are as proud of our differences as we are of our shared passion for stopping the spread of infectious illness, and are always looking for people with varied viewpoints, skill sets, backgrounds and experiences to realize our mission.