Senior Data Analyst
Portland, OR /
Engineering - Data /
Kinsa is looking for a Sr. Data Analyst to join our Analytics Team to help support our rapidly growing programs. This is an exciting and highly visible role, working directly with our product team, data scientists and executive leadership to define and measure KPI’s and work to understand our customer base. The right candidate will have deep technical skills to complement your extensive experience working with executive leaders to synthesize messy data into concise and persuasive insights via oral and written communication as well as data visualization. You are a master storyteller and use data to bring these stories to life.
You’ll be comfortable working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders. You understand how to work in a scrappy startup environment and know how to balance speed vs. accuracy. Most importantly, you’ll have a genuine passion for Kinsa’s mission, and act as a force multiplier as we enter this next phase of growth in our organization.
Kinsa was founded with a mission to stop illness from spreading by knowing where and when it starts. Our mission has never been more important or more relevant than it is right now. We are leading the charge in the fight against COVID-19. Our real-time map of illness has been featured in the New York Times, on Rachel Maddow, CNBC, FOX News, The Economist, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah etc. Turn on the TV, open the paper… We are making headlines bringing our Data to the fight. We’ve done this by successfully transforming the first device you grab when sickness strikes - the thermometer - into a sensor to detect when and where illness is rising, and communicate with those who have just fallen ill.
We were just named to Fast Company's "The 10 most innovative companies in Data Science" !!
With the support of the Data Science, Analyst, and Engineering teams, these are a few examples of projects you will likely tackle in this role:
- Conduct exploratory analysis to understand the drivers of Kinsa’s current consumer application user base, including retention/churn
- Work cross functionally to design and measure the impact of product experiments and synthesize learnings for non-technical business partners
- Investigate how customer engagement drives the network effect of adoption rates in individual schools and/or different geographies
- Partner with data science and epidemiology to measure program effectiveness for FLUency, our schools program
- Define metrics to inform day-to-day decisions, build dashboards to be used by internal stakeholders, and share ad hoc analysis learnings
- Contribute to the discovery of customer-focused insights that inform and lead the direction of fast growing programs
- Disseminate key findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders to drive business decisions
- Develop deep relationships with cross functional partners to advocate and implement a data driven approach
- 3-7 years of professional data analysis experience
- Exceptional communicator and data-driven storyteller
- Extensive experience with data analysis and visualization tools (SQL,Python, R, Tableau, SASS, Excel, etc.)
- Analytical thinker who can break down complex problems using data and technology
- Proven track record solving ambiguous problems and thinking under pressure, both individually and in team environment
- Experience adapting to a fast-paced, fast-changing environment, juggling multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Expertise balancing multiple project simultaneously and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
You might also have:
- Analytical experience at company where health outcomes were critical to the mission
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science, Epidemiology or other technical field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with demand forecasting
- Experience with statistical analysis
There are four key characteristics of our team that we hope are traits you have as well:
Be Passionate: The Kinsa team is driven towards a goal that is bigger than themselves, they have a real passion in working toward a solution for a widespread social issue. Our work is stimulating, meaningful and has purpose.
Be Committed:We are committed to our mission. We have a tremendous opportunity in front of us: to change the face of public health and save hundreds of thousands of lives in the process. We are committed to working hard, working smart, working together, and doing what it takes to make a difference. Our time is now.
Be Efficient: We are a startup, and we are proud of our work so far but there is a lot more work to be done. Moving fast is the result of good planning, decision making, and execution.
Be Inclusive: Solving one of the most important public health problems of our time requires a mix of perspectives and approaches, which is why diversity of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, religious belief and ethnicity are all welcome and greatly valued at Kinsa. We are as proud of our differences as we are of our shared passion for stopping the spread of infectious illness, and are always looking for people with varied viewpoints, skill sets, backgrounds and experiences to realize our mission.