Technical Product Manager, B2B Data Products
Remote - USA /
Build a better world with us at Kinsa!
We are looking for a Product Manager who has a track record of owning SaaS data products or data infrastructure and collaborating with internal stakeholders (including but not limited to data science, data engineering, software engineering, design and sales) to lead the discovery and productization within our consumer packaged goods (CPG) or healthcare vertical. This is an opportunity to shape the trajectory of Kinsa’s nascent data business!
Kinsa was founded with a mission to stop illness from spreading by knowing where and when it starts. Our mission has never been more important or more relevant than it is right now. We are leading the charge in the fight against COVID-19. Our real-time map of illness has been featured in the New York Times, on Rachel Maddow, CNBC, FOX News, MSNBC, Bloomberg, The Economist, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah etc. Turn on the TV, open the paper… We are making headlines bringing our Data to the fight. We’ve done this by successfully transforming the first device you grab when sickness strikes - the thermometer - into a sensor to detect when and where illness is rising, and communicate with those who have just fallen ill.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your technical product experience to shape Kinsa’s future and make a real difference in the world. In this role, you will own the strategy and delivery for our SAAS product platform (~50% of your time), spearhead the productization of use cases within our healthcare or CPG vertical by working with external and internal partners (~40% of your time), and partner with the data science, engineering, and analytics team to enhance our data capabilities (~10% of your time), the backbone of our early outbreak detection work.
What You’ll Do:
- Own and drive the roadmap for Kinsa’s B2B and B2G (government) SaaS product platform - Partner with design, engineering, data engineering, and marketing to enhance the platform based on user feedback and business needs. Manage the content creation and the ETL process.
- Drive revenue growth and retention - Lead customer discovery, identify the market opportunity, and assess technical feasibility for new use cases within the healthcare or CPG space
- Enhance Kinsa’s data capabilities - Work with other product managers, data science, and data engineering to prioritize and guide the development of new data capabilities to meet the needs of your customers
- Shape Kinsa’s product strategy and organization -Participate in setting the strategy and long-term direction for the organization, both within and beyond the context of product, and help uplevel Kinsa’s product team through your expertise and experiences
- You have a strong desire to use your skills in a startup organization to have a widespread impact on day-to-day lives of individuals—we are a mission-first company
- 2+ years experience in a technical product management role, with experience owning complex data products or SaaS platforms
- 1-2 years of expertise in the healthcare space (payers, population health, clinical/operational) or CPG industry (brand, retailer)
- Experience with dashboard content creation, data ingestion/structuring (experience with APIs is a strong plus!), ETL processes, and user engagement metrics
- Ability to participate in technical decisions (bonus points for familiarity with SQL, Python, d3.js!) and communicate tradeoffs with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work across technical functions (e.g. data science, data analytics, data engineering), build consensus, and influence without authority
- Passionately user-centric; experience conducting user discovery research
- A growth and experiments driven mindset with a proven ability to execute and deliver results
- You thrive in a fast-paced and evolving startup environment. Proactive in identifying team needs and willing to pitch in where needed.
- Ability to create structure out of ambiguity and seek guidance as needed
- Highly analytical; strong oral and written communication skills
At Kinsa, we are on a mission to curb the spread of infectious illness through earlier detection and earlier response. It’s a lofty goal that can only be achieved through the collective efforts of a committed and cohesive team. Our five Team Values describe the environment we cultivate and the traits we look for in our teammates:
Be an Owner
We take ownership over the problems we work on and are focused on identifying effective solutions.
Be The Person You Want To Work With
We are considerate and inclusive of our colleagues. We mutually set expectations and aim to exceed them.
Prove, Then Move
We employ small-scale testing of initiatives, using limited resources before investing more heavily.
Be Worthy Of Our Users’ (And Colleagues’) Trust
We listen, use good judgment, and are honest—especially when things aren’t going well.
Be A Force Multiplier
We make our team better through collaborative support, respectful feedback, and, if necessary, thoughtful dissent.