Growth Marketing Manager
San Francisco /
Kinsa’s mission is to stop illness from spreading by knowing where and when it starts. We’ve transformed the first device you grab when sickness strikes - the thermometer - into a sensor to detect when and where illness is rising, and communicate with those who have just fallen ill. Our connected products help people and communities stay healthy while advancing a broader mission: to create a real time map of human health in order to track, and stop, the spread of disease.
About this role at Kinsa:
This is an opportunity to develop and execute growth marketing strategy to help us scale. You will own marketing across our existing channels and launch new ones. Your ultimate objective will be to grow the Kinsa user base by reducing churn, increasing engagement and creating brand awareness in the public health space. You will partner with our B2C, Growth and Product teams to develop, measure and improve consumer lifecycle marketing, consumer growth marketing and execution of our community programs. You will be writing content, so you should have A+ writing chops and an editor's eye for detail.
Here are some examples of projects you might work on:
1. Explore and test new channels to communicate with Kinsa users and increase engagement.
2. Analyze data to monitor campaign performance and uncover areas for improvement.
3. Partner with our clinical team to develop illness guidance content.
4. Be the expert on user insights and segmentation that drive strategic external messaging.
5. Run data-driven campaigns to determine levers for growth.
6. Present findings on a weekly basis, and synthesize learnings for executive team consumption.
1. 3+ years of relevant experience in a marketing role at a fast-growing startup.
2. Experience working with a growth marketing platform (e.g. Leanplum, Mailchimp, Braze, Hubspot).
3. Experience using marketing analytics tools.
4. Outstanding written communication.
5. A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
This is an impact position. In time, the business should look better with you on board with a clear case of before and after. We’re still early, so we don’t have big budgets, but we’ll invest in what works. You’ll need to be scrappy, creative and excited about experimenting. This is a big responsibility and we are here to support you, cheer you on, and make it happen.
There are four key characteristics of our team that we hope are traits you have as well:
Be Passionate: The Kinsa team is driven towards a goal that is bigger than themselves, they have a real passion in working toward a solution for a widespread social issue. Our work is stimulating, meaningful and has purpose.
Be Committed:We are committed to our mission. We have a tremendous opportunity in front of us: to change the face of public health and save hundreds of thousands of lives in the process. We are committed to working hard, working smart, working together, and doing what it takes to make a difference. Our time is now.
Be Efficient: We are a startup, and we are proud of our work so far but there is a lot more work to be done. Moving fast is the result of good planning, decision making, and execution.
Be Inclusive: Solving one of the most important public health problems of our time requires a mix of perspectives and approaches, which is why diversity of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, religious belief and ethnicity are all welcome and greatly valued at Kinsa. We are as proud of our differences as we are of our shared passion for stopping the spread of infectious illness, and are always looking for people with varied viewpoints, skill sets, backgrounds and experiences to realize our mission.