Retail Business Analyst
Remote - USA /
The Retail Business Analyst will be responsible for analyzing category, sales, and supply chain data in order to drive sound decision-making in Kinsa’s retail business. The successful candidate will be an expert at interrogating, analyzing, and interpreting large datasets from multiple sources, and distilling the findings into clear and concise reports communicated to internal and external executive-level stakeholders.
Authorities and Essential Duties for Position
- Category - Analyze category trends, assess the competitive landscape, and determine Kinsa’s market position. Inform Kinsa’s pricing strategy and new feature/product development initiatives.
- Research industry trends in competitive landscape, technology and product offerings, pricing, and consumer purchasing in order to inform Kinsa’s business strategy.
- Analyze and synthesize IRI data to create competitive pricing and price elasticity reports.
- Create and maintain analytical models to aid in Kinsa’s business decisions for both US and OUS retail and e-commerce sales. Such models may include unit margin analysis models, profitability models, and demand forecast models.
- Sales - Analyze sales data, sales efficiency and profitability. Identify opportunities to increase sales revenue and profitability.
- Analyze and synthesize retail sales performance data to create sell-through volume and revenue, retail velocity, retailer inventory, and retailer in-stock/out of stock trends. Access to this data will come through numerous retailer-specific online portals.
- Analyze Kinsa financial performance data from monthly P&L reports.
- Identify opportunities to increase sales revenue and profitability within existing channels. Identify sales opportunities in new channels.
- Create storyboards to concisely and efficiently communicate the business cases, needs, and/or opportunities that result from detailed data analysis and interpretation. Support preparation of executive-level presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Supply Chain - Analyze supply chain data to inform the efficiency with which Kinsa is satisfying customer needs. Identify opportunities to reduce cycle times, reduce costs, and improve quality.
- Analyze and synthesize inventory data, including finished goods inventory at retailers, in-stock at Kinsa’s 3PL warehouses, and in-transit, and on order quantity with contract manufacturers. Identify overstock and understock risks. Analyze and synthesize end-to-end cycle time, including component procurement, manufacturing, importation, order processing, order fulfillment, and shipping to retailers. Map performance to established SLAs and identify areas not meeting SLAs and opportunities for improvement. Utilize Value Stream Mapping or other analytical tools as appropriate.
- Analyze and synthesize financial data, including monthly P&L reports and cost of goods sold data. Map performance to plan and identify areas not meeting plans and opportunities for improvement.
- Create and maintain rolling 12 month and long range demand forecast and inventory models. Translate ratified demand forecasts into order fulfillment forecasts for 3PL partners and manufacturing forecasts for contract manufacturing partners.
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests for data analysis.
- Escalate issues and propose solutions with a high sense of urgency.
- Successful candidates will be highly analytical, detail-oriented, data-driven, and have a high commitment to task, processing transactions in a timely and efficient manner. The individual will also be an effective communicator and be able to collaborate with cross-functional colleagues.
- Follow all of Kinsa’s standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions (WIs).
- Other tasks that may be assigned by your manager that are not explicitly listed above.
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.S. degree
- 3+ years of experience in retail sales, supply chain and manufacturing, and/or finance.
- World-class analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Significant experience handling large data sets. SQL experience is a plus.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to task.
- Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Expert in using Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets to perform analyses and create reports.
- Familiarity with retailer and supplier merchandising is a plus (e.g. product pricing, assortment, placement, and promotion).
- Familiarity with retailer and supplier marketing is a plus (e.g. shopper marketing and promotion strategies).
- Previous experience in an FDA regulated medical device company is a plus.
At Kinsa, we are on a mission to curb the spread of infectious illness through earlier detection and earlier response. It’s a lofty goal that can only be achieved through the collective efforts of a committed and cohesive team. Our five Team Values describe the environment we cultivate and the traits we look for in our teammates:
Be an Owner
We take ownership over the problems we work on and are focused on identifying effective solutions.
Be The Person You Want To Work With
We are considerate and inclusive of our colleagues. We mutually set expectations and aim to exceed them.
Prove, Then Move
We employ small-scale testing of initiatives, using limited resources before investing more heavily.
Be Worthy Of Our Users’ (And Colleagues’) Trust
We listen, use good judgment, and are honest—especially when things aren’t going well.
Be A Force Multiplier
We make our team better through collaborative support, respectful feedback, and, if necessary, thoughtful dissent.