Portland, OR /
Engineering - QA /
We are looking for mid level QA Engineer to join our Engineering team during an exciting time of accelerated growth. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly growing company with a highly collaborative and high-performing team. If you are a strong QA generalist with a breadth of project and testing experience across Mobile, Back-end and Hardware, and passion to learn more… this position could be for you.
Kinsa was founded with a mission to stop illness from spreading by knowing where and when it starts. Our mission has never been more important or more relevant than it is right now. We are leading the charge in the fight against COVID-19. Our real-time map of illness has been featured in the New York Times, on Rachel Maddow, CNBC, FOX News, The Economist, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah etc. Turn on the TV, open the paper… We are making headlines bringing our Data to the fight. We’ve done this by successfully transforming the first device you grab when sickness strikes - the thermometer - into a sensor to detect when and where illness is rising, and communicate with those who have just fallen ill.
We are looking for smart and passionate engineers who want to work on problems that matter in the world. Given our diverse technology stack, we prefer self-starting, generalist engineers who can dive into a variety of projects and make meaningful contributions quickly. We are also looking for strong specialists who can teach the rest of us how things should be done! This a great opportunity to shine in your current area of expertise and expand your testing expertise to new areas including: Hardware ( BLE connectivity, firmware changes, etc. .. Mobile apps ( iOS, Android, using debugging tools for log captures and inspection… Back-End ( analytics events, testing API level via Postman) and so much more! If this sounds exciting.. keep on reading.
· Come up to speed with, and ultimately own the test approach for various projects/features technology stack
· Collaborate in decision making for all aspects of the SDLC including design, development, and test
· Work closely with cross-functional teams (PMs, designers, developers, testers)
· Perform manual and/or automated testing in a wide variety of areas from mobile/web app UX, APIs, and analytics to hardware firmware and ISO V&V
· File effective bugs with the help of various software tools including Charles, Android Studio, and Xcode and hardware tools such as voltmeters, nRF Connect, and micro-baths
Experience and Qualifications
· 5 - 10+ years of experience in a QA engineer role
· Majority of QA experience testing consumer software (mobile/web apps) and/or hardware (wearables, IoT, etc.)
· Familiarity with testing (and/or interest in learning) various application stacks including web apps (React, GraphQL, APIs, Python, Flask), mobile apps (Swift, Kotlin) and hardware (C, Java, Python)
· Experience with project and bug tracking tools: Jira, Confluence, TestRail
· Experience with various utilities and tools: Postman, Charles, Android Studio, Xcode, Insomnia
· Working knowledge with build and release tools: GitHub, buddybuild, Bitrise, Cypress
· User advocate with an appreciation for public health
· Proven success and thrives in a high-quality, software startup environment
· Excellent communication and social skills
· Upbeat, adaptable, positive attitude
· Basic hardware lab experience a plus (i.e. comfortable around soldering irons, voltmeters, bench power supplies, etc.)
· Experience with test automation a major plus (Appium, Selenium, TestNG, etc.)
There are four key characteristics of our team that we hope are traits you have as well:
Be Passionate: The Kinsa team is driven towards a goal that is bigger than themselves, they have a real passion in working toward a solution for a widespread social issue. Our work is stimulating, meaningful and has purpose.
Be Committed:We are committed to our mission. We have a tremendous opportunity in front of us: to change the face of public health and save hundreds of thousands of lives in the process. We are committed to working hard, working smart, working together, and doing what it takes to make a difference. Our time is now.
Be Efficient: We are a startup, and we are proud of our work so far but there is a lot more work to be done. Moving fast is the result of good planning, decision making, and execution.
Be Inclusive: Solving one of the most important public health problems of our time requires a mix of perspectives and approaches, which is why diversity of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, religious belief and ethnicity are all welcome and greatly valued at Kinsa. We are as proud of our differences as we are of our shared passion for stopping the spread of infectious illness, and are always looking for people with varied viewpoints, skill sets, backgrounds and experiences to realize our mission.