Customer Happiness Champion ( entry level )
Raleigh - Durham, NC /
Customer Support /
Do you want to use your skills to help change the world? Join us!
Are you the go-to tech person who loves helping friends and family set up and troubleshoot tech products? We’re looking for a customer advocate who’s excited about making a difference in people’s lives and communities. If you can break down technical tasks into simple and easy-to-follow directions and want to use your skills to empower individuals to make faster, more informed health decisions, let’s talk!
Kinsa was founded with a mission to stop illness from spreading by knowing where and when it starts. Our mission has never been more important or relevant than it is right now. We’re leading the charge in the fight against COVID-19. Our real-time map of illness has been featured in the New York Times, on Rachel Maddow, CNBC, FOX News, The Economist, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah etc. We’re making headlines by bringing our data to the fight. We’ve done this by successfully transforming the first device you grab when sickness strikes - the thermometer - into a sensor to detect when and where illness is rising, and communicate with those who have just fallen ill.
We’re growing rapidly, and we need an outstanding Customer Happiness Champion to respond to inbound questions from our thermometer and data product users. This is an entry-level role, but no boring call center gig – all our support channels are text-based and, from day one, there will be many projects to sink your teeth into and a lot of impact you can make.
· Provide warm, understandable, solutions-oriented customer support by fielding inbound emails from Kinsa thermometer users and users of our data product
· Monitor and respond to reviews on retail partner websites and the app and Google Play store
· Write Help Center articles for our ever-evolving FAQ portal
· Track and synthesize trends in customer questions to generate recommendations and relay them to our Operations leadership team
A top-performing candidate in this role will grow into a subject matter expert to support our FLUency school health program. In this SME role, you will be a liaison between our Customer Happiness and FLUency program teams, and will support our community of school nurses by fielding any questions they have, via email. You will partner with our FLUency Community Lead and Head of Customer Happiness to support any program changes proactively -- spinning up FAQ articles and macros and making recommendations to improve the speed and quality of our responses.
· Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of relevant experience in a customer-facing role
· Excellent written communication skills
· Tech savvy and able to gracefully guide users through use of a technical product via email
· Analytically minded – you are a data-driven decision maker
· Prior startup experience is a huge plus. You must thrive working in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills and a customer support mentality
· Prior experience with Zendesk and Google Suite a big plus!
There are four key characteristics of our team that we hope are traits you have as well:
Be Passionate: The Kinsa team is driven towards a goal that is bigger than themselves, they have a real passion in working toward a solution for a widespread social issue. Our work is stimulating, meaningful and has purpose.
Be Committed:We are committed to our mission. We have a tremendous opportunity in front of us: to change the face of public health and save hundreds of thousands of lives in the process. We are committed to working hard, working smart, working together, and doing what it takes to make a difference. Our time is now.
Be Efficient: We are a startup, and we are proud of our work so far but there is a lot more work to be done. Moving fast is the result of good planning, decision making, and execution.
Be Inclusive: Solving one of the most important public health problems of our time requires a mix of perspectives and approaches, which is why diversity of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, religious belief and ethnicity are all welcome and greatly valued at Kinsa. We are as proud of our differences as we are of our shared passion for stopping the spread of infectious illness, and are always looking for people with varied viewpoints, skill sets, backgrounds and experiences to realize our mission.