Senior Android Developer ( remote USA )
Remote - USA /
Engineering - Software /
Kinsa is looking for a Senior Android Developer to help build the world’s first outbreak detection system for contagious disease. We are looking for someone who loves building beautiful, effective user experiences and highly reliable networking & BLE communication. Working with Interaction designers, product managers, and health experts you will be responsible for building new features and maintaining existing capabilities in are highly rated Android app.
This is a senior level role. You will be exposed to, and able to contribute to a large variety of technologies including Kotlin, Bluetooth, Networking, Material Design and Android Jetpack. You'll have the opportunity to help define architecture, improve process, and lead development projects.
Kinsa was founded with a mission to stop illness from spreading by knowing where and when it starts. Our mission has never been more important or more relevant than it is right now. We are leading the charge in the fight against COVID-19. Our real-time map of illness has been featured in the New York Times, on Rachel Maddow, CNBC, FOX News, The Economist, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah etc. Turn on the TV, open the paper… We are making headlines bringing our data to the fight. We’ve done this by successfully transforming the first device you grab when sickness strikes - the thermometer - into a sensor to detect when and where illness is rising, and communicate with those who have just fallen ill.
- Collaborate with designers and product managers to enhance our world class Android app
- Ensure the technical feasibility of product requirements and interface designs
- Create reusable UI components
- Write clear, testable, and self-documenting code
- Optimize existing code for durability, speed, and scalability
- Provide helpful feedback during code reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing & releasing Android apps to PlayStore
- Deep knowledge of Android SDK and frameworks
- Experience with Kotlin, Android architecture components
- Knowledge of standard Android user interface patterns
- Experience building accessible & localizable user interfaces
- Proficiency debugging and refactoring existing code
- Strong software engineering practices including unit testing, defensive programming, object-oriented & interface-oriented design
- Experience with build configuration, CI tools, and PlayStore submissions
- Working knowledge of Bluetooth
- Desire to learn and grow
There are four key characteristics of our team that we hope are traits you have as well:
Be Passionate: The Kinsa team is driven towards a goal that is bigger than themselves, they have a real passion in working toward a solution for a widespread social issue. Our work is stimulating, meaningful and has purpose.
Be Committed:We are committed to our mission. We have a tremendous opportunity in front of us: to change the face of public health and save hundreds of thousands of lives in the process. We are committed to working hard, working smart, working together, and doing what it takes to make a difference. Our time is now.
Be Efficient: We are a startup, and we are proud of our work so far but there is a lot more work to be done. Moving fast is the result of good planning, decision making, and execution.
Be Inclusive: Solving one of the most important public health problems of our time requires a mix of perspectives and approaches, which is why diversity of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, religious belief and ethnicity are all welcome and greatly valued at Kinsa. We are as proud of our differences as we are of our shared passion for stopping the spread of infectious illness, and are always looking for people with varied viewpoints, skill sets, backgrounds and experiences to realize our mission.