Head of CPG Sales, Data and Insights
Kinsa is looking for a Head of Sales with proven success driving growth of Data/Insight sales in the CPG/Retail Industry . Reporting to the SVP of Sales you will be responsible for developing and executing the sales strategy with principal focus on sourcing and closing large multi-year contracts. In addition to developing new clients, you will also be focused on driving revenue from existing accounts, working closely with Customer Success Leadership and other functional leaders within the organization. This is a great career opportunity for someone who brings an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for hands on sales, ability to mentor/ coach, and a drive to achieve hockey stick growth for our data and insight products. If you’re looking to develop executive level sales experience, you’ve found it.
Kinsa was founded with a mission to stop illness from spreading by knowing where and when it starts. Our mission has never been more important or more relevant than it is right now. We are leading the charge in the fight against COVID-19. Our real-time map of illness has been featured in the New York Times, on Rachel Maddow, CNBC, FOX News, The Economist, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah etc. Turn on the TV, open the paper… We’re making headlines bringing our data, predictive capabilities and insight to the fight.
- Lead the ongoing development and execution of a CPG focused sales plan for data/insights products by strategically identifying target organizations and then building out and managing a pipeline
- Directly manage multiple deals concurrently and close multi-year contracts
- Lead by translating key growth drivers into quantitative KPIs that align with short-term tactics and a long-term growth strategy
- Quickly leverage learning into best practices to accelerate the sales cycle
- Spend significant time working directly with clients and applying a hands-on approach toward planning and market segmentation as the company achieves scale
- Enable effective scaling during times of rapid growth by assisting with building out the sales team and implementing process efficiencies through standardized sales operations procedures and optimized resource management
- Actively collaborate with Marketing, Product, Finance, and other parts of the organization in refining positioning and capabilities to achieve company commercial goals
- Serve as a thought leader and trusted advisor to clients and the industry at large. Collaborate with the SVP, multifunctional team members and external stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience:
- A hunter with proven ability to quickly identify and close opportunities within a high early/growth stage company environment
- Proven success selling enterprise data to CPG and Retail customers by translating insights into actionable business decisions
- Current key decision maker relationships with CPG and Retailers across the US, with an emphasis in OTC, Disinfectants and other illness-related categories (e.g. Bayer, Clorox, CVS, Johnson & Johnson, P&G, etc.)
- Ability to develop long-term, strategic relationships across multiple functions within a CPG/Retail Client (e.g. Brand, Customer Marketing, Sales Planning, etc.) Sharp and flexible, thrives in a fast-paced ambiguous environment.
- Fast mover but with grounded confidence from past successes who is not afraid to take charge of a situation, read the room and manage risks.
- Experience adjusting to client dynamics in real time, customizing, sizing and pricing deals confidently while positioning for short-term entry level wins or longer-term opportunistic relationships.
- Accomplished player/coach effective in building and nurturing high performing sales teams through mentorship.
- A “hands on” self-starter who is capable of working remotely while also staying close with HQ as a member of the team.
- Unquestionable integrity and reputation, with a track record of delivering results while maintaining the highest standards of professionalism.
You might also have:
- 5-10 years successfully selling and maintaining relationships within the CPG Industry
- Digital Marketing, Sales and/or Brand Marketing experience
- Ad and Digital Marketing Agency relationships
There are four key characteristics of our team that we hope are traits you have as well:
Be Passionate: The Kinsa team is driven towards a goal that is bigger than themselves, they have a real passion in working toward a solution for a widespread social issue. Our work is stimulating, meaningful and has purpose.
Be Committed:We are committed to our mission. We have a tremendous opportunity in front of us: to change the face of public health and save hundreds of thousands of lives in the process. We are committed to working hard, working smart, working together, and doing what it takes to make a difference. Our time is now.
Be Efficient: We are a startup, and we are proud of our work so far but there is a lot more work to be done. Moving fast is the result of good planning, decision making, and execution.
Be Inclusive: Solving one of the most important public health problems of our time requires a mix of perspectives and approaches, which is why diversity of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, religious belief and ethnicity are all welcome and greatly valued at Kinsa. We are as proud of our differences as we are of our shared passion for stopping the spread of infectious illness, and are always looking for people with varied viewpoints, skill sets, backgrounds and experiences to realize our mission.