SysOps Engineer - 1pm - 9pm UTC
Technology – SysOps /
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting edge technology and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe with team members hailing from every continent but Antarctica! We're constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our awesome team. If you’d like to become part of the Kinsta family, hit apply!
We are looking for a talented and experienced SysOps Engineer to help us in the following areas:
- Work in a shift-based rotation, monitoring our infrastructure to preferably prevent issues or to respond immediately and mitigate issues.
- Assist the Support team by investigating bugs and issues reported by our clients affecting our infrastructure or platform.
- Monitor automated security systems and make informed decisions based on the data they provide.
- Increase the efficiency of all our efforts by performing maintenance / rollout tasks and assisting in the development of automated systems.
This role's shift need is Monday-Friday 1pm-9pm UTC.
- 3 years of experience working with Linux, demonstrated experience with Debian or Ubuntu is preferable.
- Excellent general understanding of Linux, cloud networking and server management.
- Experience with the standard WordPress stack (PHP, MySQL, WordPress) or in the hosting industry.
- Technical awareness and the ability to quickly understand new technologies.
- Some development experience (Bash, Ansible, Python, etc).
- Honest and clear communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of LXC.
- Experience with GCP, AWS, Linode or DigitalOcean.
- Experience automating against firewalls and network infrastructure (iptables).
- Deep expertise writing Bash and Ansible scripts, knowledge of Python scripts is an advantage.
- Experience working with ZFS.
- Experience working with ELK stack.
- We offer a relaxed working environment where everyone can work in peace.
- We do not have any investors and we do not work directly with clients. This means we rarely have any deadlines and have the luxury of thinking features through and implementing them correctly instead of quickly.
- Everyone has a voice in the development process.
- We work with only the newest and best technology.
- This is a fully-remote role. You can work from anywhere with reliable internet access.
Kinsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and we will take actions to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.