Los Angeles, CA and San Diego, CA
Teaching: 19-20 School Year – Middle School
Full-Time 2019-2020 School Year
KIPP LA Public Schools and KIPP San Diego Public Schools are seeking to create one, united nonprofit organization to better meet the needs of our students. Together, we will operate tuition-free, open-enrollment public charter schools focused on preparing students in under-resourced communities in Southern California for choice-filled lives. Our elementary and middle schools are part of the national KIPP network of 224 schools in 20 states and Washington, DC.
We currently operates 18 schools and serves over 7,500 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
The Middle School Elective Teacher plans, implements, and reflects upon classroom instruction in order to realize the mission of the school. The teacher reports to and is evaluated by the School Leader.
For the elective role, we are hiring Art, Ethnic Studies, Music, and Theater teachers.
- Teach the knowledge and skills, nurture the confidence and character, and inspire the passion needed for our students to achieve their goals, live their best lives, and positively impact the world
- Create eight step lesson plans thoroughly and prepare needed materials for an effective lesson consistently
- Utilize a variety of instructional strategies based on the diverse needs of all the students that engage all students
- Develop and administer a variety of assessments to measure students’ growth towards goals and to monitor students mastery of the content standards
- Analyze informal and formal student assessment results and use this information to drive and inform instruction
- Communicate and collaborate professionally with teammates, parents, and community members
- Implement classroom management techniques to create a nurturing and structured classroom environment and structure
- Maintain high expectations for students academic achievement and conduct
- Value and draw upon students’ experiences and backgrounds
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required
- Possession of a valid preliminary or clear single subject teaching credential in Art preferred
- 2 years lead teaching experience preferred
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- Employer paid KIPP LA life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP LA
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, Pet Insurance, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays and sick leave
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP LA Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP LA strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippla.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.