School Business Operations Manager
Los Angeles, CA
School Support – Operations
KIPP LA Public Schools is a non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles. KIPP LA’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, KIPP LA's team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
KIPP LA currently operates 17 schools and serves approximately 7,200 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
- Lead all non-instructional functions of a school allowing the School Leader and other instructional staff to drive superior student achievement
- Be the subject matter expert for school operations, responsibilities include successfully executing systems, processes and policies in all non-instructional areas
- Manage a school based operations team, ensuring the school is in compliance with all local, district, state and federal laws and regulations, and leading all efforts toward operational excellence
- Finance & Purchasing: School-site partner of the regional Finance & Accounting Team, with responsibility for procurement, cash receipts, deposits, effective implementation of financial policies, and assistance to the School Leader with budget management
- Student Information & Reporting: Coordinates with KIPP LA’s School Success Team with regard to all data analysis and reporting; and ensures confidentiality and security of files and all information pertaining to students, parents, staff, and community
- Facilities: Manages and oversees the upkeep of the school’s facilities and coordinates with the School Success Team to implement school facility projects and maintenance; manages vendor relationships to ensure that maintenance, janitorial and pest control services are properly carried out
- School Nutrition Program: Manages the School Nutrition Program and implements processes and procedures that result in high quality, compliant and cost effective food services; coordinates with food vendor, implements accurate counting and claiming procedures, submits meal reimbursement claims, and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Student Recruitment & Enrollment: Manages the enrollment cycle at the school site with support from the School Success Team, including student recruitment, lottery management, waitlist management, and parent/student orientations
- Emergency Preparedness: Develops and maintains the school’s emergency safety plan, conducts quarterly staff emergency safety training, schedules and leads monthly drills, and maintains school emergency supplies
- Trip Planning & Event Coordination: Plans and coordinates logistics for school events and activities as needed, including, parent meetings, concerts, special events, fundraisers and field lessons
- Team Development & Management: Manages all operations staff at the school-site, including one to two office staff and operational aides; sets goals for the operations team and leads/supports team members toward achieving both performance and developmental goals through regular check-ins and the implementation of KIPP LA’s performance management systems
- Organizational Effectiveness & Leadership: Improve and implement systems that contribute and drive school operations toward operational excellence, Maintain continuous communication with internal and external stakeholders, keeping SL informed and updated on all aspects of school operationsLead, plan and execute short term school based projects
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience managing charter school operations preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, anticipating future outcomes and events, then incorporate them into thoughtful solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjust priorities and work autonomously
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships and work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- KIPP LA life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP LA
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays, sick leave and vacation
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement, etc.)
KIPP LA Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP LA strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippla.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.