School Operations Assistant
Los Angeles, CA
School Support – Operations
KIPP LA Public Schools is a non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles. KIPP LA’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, KIPP LA's team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
KIPP LA currently operates 17 schools and serves approximately 7,200 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
- Ensure that the school nutrition programs at KIPP LA run smoothly and safely
- Set up arrival/dismissal
- Set up breakfast and/or lunch area daily, including distributing meals to students (no cooking or food preparation required) and following all required procedures
- Set up and take down play equipment and materials
- Provide opportunities for students to play organized games during recess
- Support and supervise students to resolve conflicts independently
- Supervise students as they eat and play
- Communicate with teachers and staff regarding students’ behavior
- This is a part time, non-exempt opportunity
- High school diploma or above preferred
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage large groups of young children and communicate with them in a nurturing, patient, and loving manner
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP LA Schools and its values
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) is preferred but not required
- Starting pay rate of $13.25 per hour
- Commit to a regular part-time shift during the 2018-2019 academic year
KIPP LA Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP LA strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippla.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.