Speech & Language Pathologist
Los Angeles, CA
School Support – Special Education Support
Full-Time 2019-2020 School Year
KIPP LA Public Schools is a non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles. KIPP LA’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, KIPP LA's team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
KIPP LA currently operates 17 schools and serves approximately 7,200 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
- The Speech and Language Service Pathologist will assess and provide speech and language therapy for students in grades TK-8th at our East and South Los Angeles schools. They will focus on developing students’ oral communication skills to support their ability to access their educational program. They will report to the Senior Speech and Language Program Manager.
- Provide direct treatment to students with speech-language impairments
- Develop and implement educationally-based Individualized Education Program (IEP) communication goals using a variety of service delivery models to support the classroom curriculum
- Conduct speech and language screenings
- Follow and implement treatment plans
- Document student progress towards meeting established goals and objectives
- Conduct formal assessments
- Participate in IEP meetings of students on assigned caseload
- Collaborate with teachers to ensure that students meet the goals outlined in their IEPs
- Provide individualized classroom strategies to facilitate specific communication skills
- Communicate with families of students on assigned caseload regarding progress toward IEP goals
- Participate as a member of the regional Special Education team
- Manage special projects as they relate to Special Education.
- Master’s Degree from an ASHA accredited university is required
- Valid California Speech-Language Pathologist license/credential is required
- Certificate of Clinical Competency is required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with students in a school setting is preferred
- Demonstrated results working with students
- Knowledge of IEP present levels and goal-writing
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- Employer paid KIPP LA life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP LA
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, Pet Insurance, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays and sick leave
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP LA Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP LA strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippla.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.