Substitute After School Instructor
Los Angeles, CA
School Support – After School
KIPP LA Public Schools is a non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles. KIPP LA’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, KIPP LA's team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
KIPP LA currently operates 17 schools and serves approximately 7,200 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
- Provide academic assistance and enrichment programming to students
- Lead one subject, choosing from recreational sports, multimedia, art, dance/cheer, visual/performing arts/theater, robotics, yearbook, and school newspaper
- Provide academic assistance, intervention support, and recreational programming within small student groups and class settings
- Maintain daily attendance records and supervise assigned students to ensure that they are safe and the program operates in an organized and effective manner
- Ensure timely completion and submission of all relevant data including early release forms, evaluations from students, and progress data as requested
- Reliable transportation is required; Be able to travel between South, Southeast and East LA
- AA degree or at least two years of coursework at a four-year college preferred
- Prior experience working with groups of elementary or middle school students in an academic or recreational setting strongly preferred
- Ability to lead groups of students in activities while placing a high priority on safety
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to work effectively with teachers, parents, and students
- Compensation starting at $13.25 per hour (depending on experience)
- Commit to a part-time shift during the 2018-19 academic year
- Schedule: Dependent on which after school program has additional needs
KIPP LA Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP LA strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippla.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.