Los Angeles, CA
Regional Support – Regional Support
KIPP SoCal Public Schools (KIPP SoCal) is a nonprofit organization that operates tuition-free, open-enrollment, public charter schools focused on preparing students in systemically under-resourced communities in Southern California for choice filled lives. In July 2019, KIPP LA Public Schools and KIPP San Diego Public Schools united to become KIPP SoCal Public Schools to better meet the needs of our students. We currently operate 19 schools, educate approximately 8,200 students and support an additional 4,300 alumni who are attending high school and college.
- The Compliance Associate will be part of the Academics Team and report to the Public Programs Manager. The Associate will support our schools with federal and state funding compliance and government required educational plans such as the charter petition and the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP). The initial focus for this role will be English Learner programs, preparing for Federal Program Monitoring, and supporting our 17 school site councils.
- Qualified candidates are lifelong learners who possess excellent writing skills and are able to sort through complexity. The candidate must also be highly organized with the ability to implement strong systems for tracking and reporting. The candidate must have the adaptability and achievement orientation to produce quality work within, at times, tight time constraints.
Programming & Compliance
- Primary responsibilities include preparation of charter proposals, state and federal plans such as the LCAP, as well as other correspondence to prospective and renewing authorizers and government agencies
- Obtain and maintain special training, experience and knowledge regarding public program compliance including, but not limited to Title III, LCFF, and Title I
- Make recommendations to the Public Programs Manager for meeting and maintaining program compliance, execute agreed upon plan
- Through backward planning, create a system for tracking progress of program compliance, share results with school based leadership
- Monitor the implementation of KIPP SoCal English Language Master Plan, make recommendations for plan as needed
- Train school based site coordinators, school leaders and others as needed on public programs and compliance
- Develop relationships with school and regional staff based in mutual trust, respect, and appreciation
- Perform other duties as identified in order to meet team goals
Application & Reporting
- Seek out and assess opportunities for additional public funds to support our priorities and vision
- Gather local, state, and federal data on achievement, demographics, national trends, etc to aid with grant applications
- Create an effective and efficient method for gathering necessary information for reporting from all school sites
- Complete federal and state funding applications, review other grant applications and reports for consistency and accuracy
- Create materials and provide technical assistance via phone, text, and email to help stakeholders understand and comply with public grant requirements
- Collect data on best practices for program implementation
- Attend and support school-based meetings such as Title III planning, LCAP stakeholder, and EL Advisory Council meetings
- Complete ongoing compliance audits of program attendance and school deliverables, and maintain documentation of audit outcomes for public grants dashboard
- Create and organize all reports, audits and survey documentation
- Maintain systems for tracking changes in reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 4 years full-time work experience
- Solid writing and editing skills
- Must be analytical and detail-oriented
- Experience in an educational environment is a significant plus, dedication to educational equity is a must
- Excellent computer skills, experience working with Google platform is a plus
- Commitment to KIPP SoCal’s mission and values
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of the cost
- Employer-paid KIPP SoCal life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP SoCal
- Voluntary Benefits (Pet Insurance, Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays, sick leave and vacation
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.