Los Angeles, CA
Regional Support – Regional Support
KIPP SoCal Public Schools (KIPP SoCal) is a nonprofit organization that operates tuition-free, open-enrollment, public charter schools focused on preparing students in systemically under-resourced communities in Southern California for choice filled lives. In July 2019, KIPP LA Public Schools and KIPP San Diego Public Schools united to become KIPP SoCal Public Schools to better meet the needs of our students. We currently operate 19 schools, educate approximately 8,200 students and support an additional 4,300 alumni who are attending high school and college.
- This position’s primary responsibility will be to coordinate and provide technical support for KIPP SoCal Public Schools' team and family including oversight of the support ticketing system
- The position will have primary responsibility over the computer imaging process for student and staff computers, including Apple, Windows and Chromebook platforms
- The ideal candidate for this position is an excellent communicator who enjoys working with teachers, students and technology
- The candidate needs to possess strong organization and self-management skills
- He/she also needs to hold a valid driver’s license and have dependable transportation, as travel between school locations will be required
- This is a part time, non-exempt opportunity the schedule would be Monday-Friday from 8:00 am-2:00 pm
Technical Support Services
- Provide excellent first-response technical support to all KIPP SoCal staff, including but not limited to: troubleshooting software and hardware, printing, replacements/upgrades, data migration, Smartphone support, Instructional Technology support, software installation, etc
- Provide helpful and timely response and resolution to all help desk requests
- Assist with providing technology orientation and training to KIPP SoCal staff
- Work with technology team to recommend and implement improvements to support services
Students & Staff Device Provisioning
- Assist with provisioning and deployment of all new staff and student technology devices including Macbooks, Chromebooks, Windows PCs, Tablets, Cellular and Desk phones, etc
- Perform computer imaging tasks including image updates, one-off deployments, and yearly global refresh cycle
- Work with technology team to research, evaluate and recommend changes to the master images, new computer models, operating systems, software, and peripherals
- Update and maintain technology inventory database.
Network Troubleshooting & Support
- Provide first-response technical support for all network related issues at all school sites
- Assist in maintenance of network infrastructures, including switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Escalate network issues to next-level support
- Monitor, manage, and assist external consultants with projects and repairs as necessary.
- Commitment to KIPP SoCal's mission and values
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
- Minimum 1-3 years in supporting technology – preferably with experience in an educational institution
- General proficiency with mainstream computer platforms
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.