Elementary School Teacher
Los Angeles, CA /
Teaching: Immediate – Elementary School Immediate /
Who We Are
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is a network of 20 high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools. We educate more than 9,000 students in grades pre-K through eighth in the greater Los Angeles area and San Diego. Additionally, we support approximately 5,100 alumni on their journey to and through high school and college.
What We Believe
KIPP SoCal believes that the purpose of education is for liberation. This means that we see, develop, and inspire the limitless potential in each and all of our KIPPsters.
What We Do
At KIPP SoCal we build trusting relationships that are strengthened by high expectations and collaboration alongside laughter and joy. We set ambitious goals and hold each other accountable for students achieving their greatest potential. We work together with each other and in partnership with families and communities in the active pursuit of a more equitable world. We do the right thing, even when it's not always comfortable standing up and speaking out against anti-blackness, racism, oppression, and injustice. We persevere through obstacles and treat failure as an opportunity to learn and grow.
You Should Apply If
You love building lasting relationships with students, creating inspiring and engaging lessons, and growing as an educator and a teammate.
What You'll Do
- Teach the knowledge and skills, nurture the confidence and character, and inspire the passion needed for our students to achieve their goals, live their best lives, and positively impact the world
- Value and draw upon students’ experiences and backgrounds
- Utilize a variety of instructional strategies based on the diverse needs of all the students that engage all students
- Develop and administer a variety of assessments to measure students’ growth towards goals and to monitor students mastery of the content standards
- Analyze informal and formal student assessment results and use this information to drive and inform instruction
- Communicate and collaborate professionally with teammates, parents, and community members
- Implement classroom management techniques to create a nurturing and structured classroom environment and structure
- Maintain high expectations for students academic achievement and conduct
You'll Be Qualified If You Have
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Passing score on the California Basic Skills Test (CBEST) or basic skills equivalency
- Valid preliminary or CLEAR teaching credential appropriate to role (Strong preference but not required)
Joining KIPP SoCal Means the Following
- Working at an organization committed to the hard work necessary to ensure education is for liberation
- Spending time with students and families in the best communities of LA, Compton, and San Diego
- Support and care from fellow teachers, administrators, and regional team members
- Ongoing professional development and coaching from a school site manager
- Creation of an individualized credentialing plan with top-notch support from our dedicated Talent Team
Working with Us Means the Following Perks
- Very competitive and transparent compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of the cost
- Employer paid KIPP SoCal life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP SoCal
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, Pet Insurance, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays and sick leave
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.