Technology Team Assistant
Los Angeles, CA /
Regional Support – Regional Support /
Who We Are
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is a nonprofit organization that operates 24 tuition-free, open-enrollment charter public schools, within 20 Local Education Agencies (LEA), educating more than 9,800 students and supporting 5,800 alumni to and through college and beyond.
What We Believe
KIPP SoCal believes that the purpose of education is for liberation. This means that we see, develop, and inspire the limitless potential in each and all of our KIPPsters.
What We Do
At KIPP SoCal we build trusting relationships that are strengthened by high expectations and collaboration alongside laughter and joy. We set ambitious goals and hold each other accountable for students achieving their greatest potential. We work together with each other and in partnership with families and communities in the active pursuit of a more equitable world. We do the right thing, even when it's not always comfortable standing up and speaking out against anti-blackness, racism, oppression, and injustice. We persevere through obstacles and treat failure as an opportunity to learn and grow.
You Should Apply If
The ideal candidate for this position is an excellent communicator who enjoys working with teachers, students, and technology. The Instructional Technology Assistant candidate needs to possess strong organization and self-management skills. Must hold a valid driver’s license and have dependable transportation. The Instructional Technology Assistant role works out of the School Success Team office in Los Angeles. However, the Instructional Technology Assistant will expect to work primarily out of the office, sometimes out of our schools.
The Instructional Technology Assistant reports directly to the Sr. Manager of Technology. The Instructional Technology Assistant supports, implements, and promotes KIPP SoCal’s vision for technology to ensure an equitable learning environment to support tomorrow's learners. The Instructional Technology Assistant ensures that all aspects of our school's classroom technology needs are met, guaranteeing superior technology solutions and service delivery to all students and team members.
Note: This position is temporary with the possibility of an extension in the role.
What You'll Do
- Please note: Internally, this role will be called Instructional Technology Assistant
- The Instructional Technology Assistant will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Technology and is responsible for providing technical support for all team members. The Instructional Technology Assistant will be responsible for the following but not limited to: 70% of your responsibility will be to repair Chromebooks; Traveling to schools on a need by need bases may be required or asked of you; Being assigned portions of projects and work and seeing them through completion; Ensuring that Chromebook repairs meet the Service Level Agreement (SLA); Managing given support tickets within the helpdesk by meeting the SLA and following through to the completion
- The specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- 1. Technical Support Services
- 1a. Provide excellent first-response technical support to all KIPP SoCal Public Schools staff, including but not limited to: replacements/upgrades, data migration, Smartphone Support, Instructional Technology support, and software installation, with other duties as assigned.
- 1b. Extensive Chromebook Repair to meet the SLA
- 1c. Support your peers with tasks, work assigned, and projects
- 2. Student and Staff Device Provisioning
- 2a. Assist with provisioning and deployment of all new staff and student technology devices, including Macbooks, Chromebooks, Windows PCs, Tablets, Cellular and Desk phones, etc.
- 2b. Perform computer imaging tasks, including image updates, one-off deployments, and yearly global refresh cycles.
- 2c. Update and maintain the technology inventory database.
- 3. Entry-level Platform Usage
- 3a. Entry-level knowledge of Google Apps for EDU domain (User account changes, Account creations, Suspensions, data transfers, Data validation maintenance)
- 4. Entry-level In-Classroom Technology Support
- 4a. Ability to support school-based Team members with technical questions and follow-through resolution
- 4b. Eagerness to research and learn to solve complex technical problems
- 4c. Willingness to go above and beyond for KIPP SoCal Public School Team members regarding technical questions, hardware support, and in-classroom technology (Projectors, Apple TV, Document Camera, Smart Boards, and many other devices.)
- 4d. Collect broken devices (Chromebooks, iPads, MacBooks, iPhones, and other technology to bring back to the main office for repair)
You'll Be Qualified If You Have
- 1-2 years in supporting technology (Within Education a plus)
- Commitment to KIPP SoCal Public Schools' mission and values.
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
- Entry-level proficiency with mainstream computer platforms
- Entry-level troubleshooting skills
- High curiosity to learn and diagnose
- Outstanding organizational skills and close attention to detail; exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- A self-starter is comfortable in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
- Ability to meet and complete multiple deadlines and tasks.
- Willingness to travel between sites in the Los Angeles area (current regional footprint: South, East, South-East Los Angeles, San Diego, Gardena, San Pedro. Miles driven will be compensated)
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, creativity, and a collaborative working styleStrong judgment and decision-making skills.
Key Technologies to Support: (experience preferred, but not required)
- Apple hardware (MacBook Air/Pro, Mac Pro, Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, accessories, and many other devices.)
- Apple software (iPadOS, WatchOS, macOS, tvOS, swift, etc.)
- Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals Services (G-Mail, Google Docs, Google Drive, and many other Google platforms.)
- Google ChromeOS (Chromebooks)
- Windows OS and hardware
- Microsoft Office suite on both Mac and Windows
- SonicWall Firewalls and other Content Filtering Services
- Classroom technology (SMARTBoards, document cameras, projectors)
- Working knowledge of LAN and WAN network fundamentals and protocols.
Joining KIPP SoCal Means the Following
- Working at an organization committed to the hard work necessary to ensure education is for liberation
- Spending time with students and families in the best communities of LA, Compton, and San Diego
- Support and care from fellow regional team members
- Ongoing professional development and coaching from manager
Working with Us Means the Following Perks
- Hourly Pay Rate of $20.50/hour
- This is a part time position and does not include benefits
- Maximum of 28-30 hours a week
** PLEASE NOTE: KIPP SoCal Public Schools requires that all team members be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the safety of our students, family, and staff. Team members may apply to seek a medical exemption. Regardless of your current vaccination status, our team can advise you on how to fulfill this important requirement so that you can start the position in a timely way. We’re here to help. **
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.