Licensed Vocational Nurse
Los Angeles, CA
School Support – Student Services /
Who We Are
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is a nonprofit organization that operates 23 tuition-free, open-enrollment charter public schools, within 20 Local Education Agencies (LEA), educating more than 10,000 students and supporting 6,800 alumni to and through college and beyond.
What We Believe
KIPP SoCal believes that the purpose of education is for liberation. This means that we see, develop, and inspire the limitless potential in each and all of our KIPPsters.
What We Do
At KIPP SoCal we build trusting relationships that are strengthened by high expectations and collaboration alongside laughter and joy. We set ambitious goals and hold each other accountable for students achieving their greatest potential. We work together with each other and in partnership with families and communities in the active pursuit of a more equitable world. We do the right thing, even when it's not always comfortable standing up and speaking out against anti-blackness, racism, oppression, and injustice. We persevere through obstacles and treat failure as an opportunity to learn and grow.
You Should Apply If
You have experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse; especially with children or in a school environment. You are adaptable and enjoy collaborating with others.
What You'll Do
- The Licensed Vocational Nurse will provide appropriate care to students with physical limitations at multiple campuses. They will meet the individual health needs of students and provide nursing care described in individualized health care plans.
- Administer prescribed medication as ordered by a physician
- Monitor and provide specialized health care procedures including sterile and/or clean urinary catheterizations, blood sugar monitoring, oral and/or tracheotomy suctioning, care of ostomies, nasogastric and/or gastrostomy tube care for students with chronic illnesses for the purpose of assisting the child in achieving the highest possible functional level per individualized healthcare plan.
- Provide emergency care in situation such as anaphylactic shock, cardiopulmonary distress, respiratory distress, insulin reactions, hypoglycemic reactions, seizures, and other medical emergencies.
- Assist with toileting, first aid, and student mobility around school campus as needed
- Communicate with parents regarding needs of assigned students
- Receive training from a California Registered Nurse
You'll Be Qualified If You Have
- Vocational Nurse Licensure required
- High School diploma required
- Flexible and adaptable
- Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish)
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP SoCal Schools
Joining KIPP SoCal Means the Following
- Working at an organization committed to the hard work necessary to ensure education is for liberation
- Spending time with students and families in the best communities of LA, Compton, and San Diego
- Support and care from fellow regional team members
- Ongoing professional development and coaching from manager
Benefits & Compensation
- Hourly rate of $25/hour (non-negotiable) + a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- Employer paid KIPP SoCal life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP SoCal
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, Pet Insurance, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays and sick leave
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, etc.)
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.