Special Education Program Administrator
Los Angeles, CA /
School Support – Student Services /
KIPP SoCal Public Schools (KIPP SoCal) is a nonprofit organization that operates tuition-free, open-enrollment, public charter schools focused on preparing students in systemically under-resourced communities in Southern California for choice filled lives. In July 2019, KIPP LA Public Schools and KIPP San Diego Public Schools united to become KIPP SoCal Public Schools to better meet the needs of our students. We currently operate 19 schools, educate approximately 8,200 students and support an additional 4,300 alumni who are attending high school and college.
Under the guidance of the Director of Special Education (DSE), the Program Administrator will support a portfolio of 3-5 schools to achieve outcomes for special education students. Program Administrators will coach and manage Special Education Teachers and Special Education Assistants (Paraprofessionals). They will also provide consultation and guidance to the school-based administration team (i.e. School Leaders, Special Education Manager, etc.) in order to drive special education programs and services at their assigned school sites. Ideal candidates are passionate about meeting the needs of all students, have specialized expertise working in special education, and have a “make it happen” attitude.
**KIPP SOCAL IS NOW OFFERING RELOCATION AND/OR SIGNING BONUSES**
- Manage a portfolio of 3-5 schools to implement effective special education services and programs that lead to strong academic and behavioral achievement outcomes for ALL students
- Analyze, respond to, and communicate special education student group data to key stakeholders with clarity and urgency
- Use data-driven approaches to develop, monitor, and improve specialized programs across the region
- Champion compliance at schools by evaluating IEPs, 504 plans, behavior intervention plans, and collaborating with school site leadership teams to ensure that these resources support student achievement and are implemented with fidelity
- Create and deliver practice-based professional development to improve student services systems and structures at the regional and school level
- Consult and assist school based teams with identifying appropriate least restrictive environment (LRE) placements on the continuum of services
- Lead and develop school-based leaders’ expertise in the areas of academic/behavior intervention, compliance, and talent development
- Drive the development of the Special Education Manager through weekly check-ins, data reviews, and school visits (focused on instructional walkthroughs, co-observations, coaching, etc.)
- Expand the School Leader’s knowledge of special education through bi-weekly check-ins and targeted support on how to develop the Special Education team members.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning is required; Master’s degree with emphasis in special education highly preferred
- Valid California credential for Level I or Level II Education Specialist (Mild/Moderate with Autism Authorization or Moderate/Severe) credential is required
- Minimum of 4 years of highly effective teaching and case management experience demonstrating a strong track record of student performance gains for with students with special needs
- Leadership and coaching experience required (e.g. providing instructional coaching, hiring, and directly managing and evaluating adults)
- Knowledge of LAUSD special education policy and Welligent preferred
- **KIPP SOCAL IS NOW OFFERING RELOCATION AND/OR SIGNING BONUSES**
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- Employer paid KIPP SoCal life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP SoCal
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, Pet Insurance, etc.)
- Generous paid time off program includes 22 holidays, 10 sick days and 10 vacation days per year
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
**Note: If selected to move on in the process, you will be asked to submit professional artifacts and complete a performance task at least 24 hours before your on-site interview. The tasks should take 1 to 1.5 hours to complete. We'll follow up with next steps once we confirm your on-site interview.
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.