Los Angeles, CA /
School Support – Instructional Support /
Who We Are
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is a nonprofit organization that operates 24 tuition-free, open-enrollment charter public schools, within 20 Local Education Agencies (LEA), educating more than 9,800 students and supporting 5,800 alumni to and through college and beyond.
What We Believe
KIPP SoCal believes that the purpose of education is for liberation. This means that we see, develop, and inspire the limitless potential in each and all of our KIPPsters.
What We Do
At KIPP SoCal we build trusting relationships that are strengthened by high expectations and collaboration alongside laughter and joy. We set ambitious goals and hold each other accountable for students achieving their greatest potential. We work together with each other and in partnership with families and communities in the active pursuit of a more equitable world. We do the right thing, even when it's not always comfortable standing up and speaking out against anti-blackness, racism, oppression, and injustice. We persevere through obstacles and treat failure as an opportunity to learn and grow.
You Should Apply If
You enjoy building lasting relationships with students, creating strong and positive behavioral support plans, and growing as an educator and a teammate.
What You'll Do
- Under the supervision of a classroom teacher, assist with planning and executing small group instruction in a kindergarten class to reinforce lesson objectives, prepare homework assignments, correct student assignments and track student data
- Implement classroom systems and routines in order to manage behavior and maximize student learning
- Actively participate in professional development sessions and working with lead teacher, principal, instructional coaches, etc.
You'll Be Qualified If You Have
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Passing score on the California Basic Skills Test (CBEST) or basic skills equivalency preferred
- Ideal candidates for the Instructional Assistant role are recent college graduates who are interested in pursuing a career as an educator.
Joining KIPP SoCal Means the Following
- Working at an organization committed to the hard work necessary to ensure education is for liberation
- Spending time with students and families in the best communities of LA, Compton, and San Diego
- Support and care from fellow regional team members
- Ongoing professional development and coaching from manager
Working with Us Means the Following Perks
- Full-time position starting at $19/hour (non-negotiable)
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP SoCal
** PLEASE NOTE: KIPP SoCal Public Schools requires that all team members be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the safety of our students, family, and staff. Team members may apply to seek a medical exemption. Regardless of your current vaccination status, our team can advise you on how to fulfill this important requirement so that you can start the position in a timely way. We’re here to help. **
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.