Student Recruiter - Part Time
Los Angeles, CA /
School Support – Operations /
Who We Are
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is a nonprofit organization that operates 24 tuition-free, open-enrollment charter public schools, within 20 Local Education Agencies (LEA), educating more than 9,800 students and supporting 5,800 alumni to and through college and beyond.
What We Believe
KIPP SoCal believes that the purpose of education is for liberation. This means that we see, develop, and inspire the limitless potential in each and all of our KIPPsters.
What We Do
At KIPP SoCal we build trusting relationships that are strengthened by high expectations and collaboration alongside laughter and joy. We set ambitious goals and hold each other accountable for students achieving their greatest potential. We work together with each other and in partnership with families and communities in the active pursuit of a more equitable world. We do the right thing, even when it's not always comfortable standing up and speaking out against anti-blackness, racism, oppression, and injustice. We persevere through obstacles and treat failure as an opportunity to learn and grow.
You Should Apply If
You have strong communication skills with a deep commitment to students and families in our communities. You value relationships above all else and are a lifelong learner.
What You'll Do
- Work directly with School Leader and Business Operations Manager to drive more applications and enrollments at the assigned KIPP School
- Execute student recruitment strategy, which may include phone call pitching, flyering, tabling at outdoor events, and presenting to families via Zoom.
- Create a database of prospective/ potential students; Benchmark goals and timelines within the strategic plan
- Identify and visit preschools, elementary, middle schools, and other youth service organizations in the area; Speak to groups and individual students and family members to promote KIPP
- Use a deep knowledge of the community and key areas to identify potential marketing opportunities to increase awareness of the school in target communities and work with the school leadership and regional teams to execute marketing campaigns
- Organize school visits and open houses for prospective families and students to help build their familiarity with the school; drive attendance to these events
- Contribute to the schools’ social media accounts for promotional content
- Build and maintain positive relationships with prospective families throughout the entire recruitment process from the first interaction through the time they start school
- Serve as an ambassador for KIPP by engaging with families and community members at community events and via community canvassing activities
- The position will start at an hourly rate of $19 and is guaranteed until June 30, 2023, but there could be an opportunity to continue longer if successful in the role.
You'll Be Qualified If You Have
- At least a high school diploma
- Be able to commit to 5 to 15 hours per week; Some weekends and evenings might be required
- From the community the school is in; highly preferred candidates will already have strong networks and relationships within the area.
- Able to walk/stand for long periods of time (2-3 hrs/day)
- Reliable transportation required; Valid CA drivers license
- Use of personal car to carry recruitment materials
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; enjoys building relationships
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) strongly preferred
- Starting pay rate of $19 per hour
** PLEASE NOTE: KIPP SoCal Public Schools requires that all team members be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the safety of our students, family, and staff. Team members may apply to seek a medical exemption. Regardless of your current vaccination status, our team can advise you on how to fulfill this important requirement so that you can start the position in a timely way. We’re here to help. **
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.