Los Angeles, CA
Regional Support – Regional Support
KIPP SoCal Public Schools (KIPP SoCal) is a nonprofit organization that operates tuition-free, open-enrollment, public charter schools focused on preparing students in systemically under-resourced communities in Southern California for choice filled lives. In July 2019, KIPP LA Public Schools and KIPP San Diego Public Schools united to become KIPP SoCal Public Schools to better meet the needs of our students. We currently operate 19 schools, educate approximately 8,200 students and support an additional 4,300 alumni who are attending high school and college.
- KIPP SoCal Public Schools is looking for an energetic, empathic and socially conscious Marketing Associate to join our marketing team. Our ideal candidate has a passion for storytelling, social impact, social media, content and data, is curious and understands how to build out an engaged audience with the right strategy, message and targeted delivery. You’ll be a skilled communicator with a proven track record managing and growing multiple social channels and a knowledge base for the digital back end, either through a content management system (ie. Hubspot for social/digital) or Web Management (thru Campus Suite).
- You’ll have a strong ability for copywriting, developing tactics and creating marketing or social campaigns that drive through to our mission and vision. You’ll understand the importance of how content, targeted messaging, and optimized media delivery can fuel growth and engagement, and you'll strive to have your finger on the pulse of a multitude of consumer audiences. You should be comfortable creating social content, video, static and stories, as much as writing engaging social, digital caption copy and working with internal collaborators and designers. Always willing to learn more and scrappy enough to figure things out on the fly.
- Oversee, manage, post and analyze social media channels (from calendar management to content creation to publishing and community management)
- Concept, implement and measure social, digital marketing and CRM campaigns across all relevant channels.
- Create and source visual content (static, video, gifs, stories, boomerangs, etc)
- Craft resonant, strong and punchy copy that connects to multiple audiences with nuanced messaging.
- Analyze insights to develop and optimize ongoing content strategy
- Collaborate with team members to develop tactics, plans, partnerships and tools that work towards the overall organization’s mission and delivers against marketing objectives and strategies.
- Execute social media publishing strategies, ensuring that all posts are accurate, timely, on brand, inclusive of consumer listening, response and analysis.
- Report monthly on campaigns to ensure on-going optimization.
- Manage the workflow and timelines of creative marketing asset development for social, digital and CRM campaigns
- Manage on-going execution of social and CRM deployment through Hubspot platform.
- Manage website updates and on-going revisions through Campus Suite web platform.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Social media management experience across multiple platforms
- 4+ years of digital or mobile marketing campaign management, publishing, editorial, content creation.
- Marketing of other linear, digital or mobile
- Experience managing social, digital and CRM through HubSpot
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Passion, empathy and enthusiasm for digital, mobile
- Detailed knowledge and expertise around all social/digital platforms
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to develop social and CRM strategy and deliver on execution
- Ability to collect, analyze and use social data to affect change and optimize plans
- Innovative thinker with strong creative instincts and an out of the box thinking mentality
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of the cost
- Employer-paid KIPP SoCal life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP SoCal
- Voluntary Benefits (Pet Insurance, Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays, sick leave and vacation
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.