After School Program Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA /
School Support – After School /
KIPP SoCal Public Schools (KIPP SoCal) is a nonprofit organization that operates tuition-free, open-enrollment, public charter schools focused on preparing students in systemically under-resourced communities in Southern California for choice filled lives. In July 2019, KIPP LA Public Schools and KIPP San Diego Public Schools united to become KIPP SoCal Public Schools to better meet the needs of our students. We currently operate 19 schools, educate approximately 8,200 students and support an additional 4,300 alumni who are attending high school and college.
After School Program Coordinator Opportunity
- This role will start on July 1, 2020
- The After School Program (ASP) Coordinator reports directly to school administration and has the continued support of the Public Programs Team at our regional office
- The ASP Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing an after school program that provides daily academic, recreation, and enrichment activities for students.
- Create an after school vision, mission and goals for the after school program that supports the broader goals of KIPP SoCal Public Schools
- Provide leadership, training and supervision to part-time program staff to design and implement quality standards aligned programming.
- Supervise and ensure the safety of students at all times.
- Create and manage schedule of academic, recreation, and enrichment activities
- Organize and facilitate after school program events and field trips
- Manage day-to-day operations of the after school program
- Oversee academic, homework, and enrichment components so that activities are aligned with the needs and interests of individual participants
- Outline process for snack and supper program at the school site
- Ensure that dismissal, including early pickup policy and procedures are safe and consistent with grant requirements
- Manage budget, scheduling, and supply orders
- Travel to staff meetings, school meetings, and trainings as scheduled and required
- Communicate effectively with school administration, teachers, parents, and other stakeholders
- Recruit, select and train front line staff
- Execute the evaluation of the program and performance of site staff
- Train and supervise staff in the after school programRecruit and enroll students to ensure daily attendance requirements are sufficient
Compliance & Reporting
- Maintain accurate records (i.e., attendance, registration forms, staff sign-in sheets, etc.)
- Maintain documentation on staff performance issues; provide guidance to staff as needed
- Adhere to workplace safety guidelines, make recommendations for workplace safety
- Follow school and KIPP SoCal procedures and policies for safe operation of after school program
- Complete annual program evaluations, including surveys of students, staff and parents
- Submit all required documentation on a timely basis (i.e., attendance, emergency cards, permission forms, and surveys)
After School Program Coordinator Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 or more years working with middle school aged youth
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Ability to supervise and work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and work under strict deadlines
- Ability to work with varied populations, such as administrators, teachers, parents, and students
- Excellent computer skills, experience working with Google platform a plus
- Unquestioned commitment to KIPP LA’s mission and values
After School Program Coordinator Perks
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- Employer-paid KIPP SoCal life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP SoCal
- Voluntary Benefits (Pet Insurance, Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays, sick leave and vacation
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.