Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Washington, DC /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Full Time - Remote
Join us as we revolutionize the hospital pharmacy landscape!
Our mission is to wow customers with smart, elegant solutions that help healthcare providers increase efficiency, safety and visibility from manufacturer to bedside.
Our 'vibe' is start-up, but we already have over 700 customers who are tracking medications using our proven solutions. If you have a knack for making complex things simple and an interest in the practical application of artificial intelligence and IoT technologies, we have a place for you!
Kit Check is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer to help us redefine and grow our suite of healthcare data products to further the company's mission of "Medication Intelligence". Either by streamlining their pharmacy's daily routines with our RFID scanners and inventory management solution, or reducing risk and enhancing their compliance with our controlled substance tracking platform, we're committed to improving the full lifecycle of medication management for our nation's healthcare providers and our data operations and products are the backbone of our offerings.
What you'll get from us
- An opportunity to solve problems of scale, performance, and user experience
- Room to be creative and choose your own path
- Trust in your sense of ownership
- Dedicated budget for training and career development
- The chance to help redefine what's possible in health care software
- Coworkers who you'll learn from, who will push you, and who are looking to learn from you
What we need from you
- Love of solving problems and building things
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a software engineer
- At least 1 year of recent Rails experience
- Strong understanding of relational databases and related topics (data modeling, diagnosing slow queries, etc.)
- Extensive experience working with APIs and knowledge of HTTP and REST principles
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, etc.)
- Empathy with your coworkers and our customers
- Exemplification of our core values (Get Stuff Done, Join Forces, Honor the Customer, Redefine Possible, and Have Fun)
- Sense of ownership in your work
What we'd also love to see
- Experience with SQL/MySQL
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- A portfolio of previous (and stunning) work
This position is a remote position and open to applicants in the continental United States.
Why Kit Check?
We truly believe that where you work matters and we want happy employees. So join us on our mission – we intend to have a heck of a good time as we get there.
-Time off when you need it – unlimited vacation days!
-Generous insurance coverage
-401k program with a company match
-Employee stock options
-Fun, collaborative culture!
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled