Engineering - Machine Learning
Programmers spend too much time doing repetitive work — copying and pasting from StackOverflow, fixing simple errors, and writing boilerplate code. We're building an AI code engine that does this work for you. Programming using Kite is faster and more fun.
Kite is well-funded by top investors in Silicon Valley, including the founders of PayPal, Stripe, Palantir, and Dropbox to name a few. We are looking to expand our 16-person startup with talented individuals who are interested in joining an early stage startup. The ideal candidate is excited to help guide the direction of our product and company. They will have a significant amount of ownership of critical technical components. Our team is growing rapidly and we hope you'll grow with us too!
As a Data Engineer you will work on the data pipeline infrastructure and ETL logic at the core of our product. You will be a key part of our machine learning team by providing easy, fast, flexible and reliable access to training data.
What You'll Do
- Maintain and iteratively improve the data pipeline infrastructure
- Write data transformation logic to scrub and join large datasets, and handle changes in source data
- Turn technical requirements into a plan to execute, test, and deliver on time
- Become an engineering leader as the team grows, if desired
- Write clean, maintainable code
- Design and code reviews
What You've Done
- Experience building data pipelines, stream processing, and/or big-data messaging systems
- Built ETL processes for large, disconnected, and/or un-structured datasets
- Track record of working in small teams to build new software from scratch
- Ability to learn and evaluate new technologies quickly
- Strong ownership instinct and ability to deliver results
- Public cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.) automation
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3+ years of engineering experience
- Experience building reliable and scalable systems
- Excited to work on a small, growing team in a startup environment
- Ability to work daily from our San Francisco office (wonderful office in the bustling Financial District area)