Machine Learning Researcher
Engineering - Machine Learning
Programmers spend too much time doing repetitive work — copying and pasting from StackOverflow, fixing simple errors, and writing boilerplate code. We're building an AI code engine that does this work for you. Programming using Kite is faster and more fun.
Kite is well-funded by top investors in Silicon Valley, including the founders of PayPal, Stripe, Palantir, and Dropbox to name a few. We are looking to expand our 15-person startup with talented individuals who are interested in joining an early stage startup. The ideal candidate is excited to help guide the direction of our product and company. They will have a significant amount of ownership of critical technical components. Our team is growing rapidly and we hope you'll grow with us too!
We are looking for a deeply experienced Machine Learning Researcher who is able to design sophisticated models to drive innovation in our product field. If you have a strong experience diving deep to build machine learning models, come join the team that's changing the way people code.
What you'll do:
- Work on exciting new applications for ML that combine large datasets with highly structured input and output spaces
- Apply the latest techniques from research and academia to real world problems in a production environment
- Innovate and develop new techniques for applying ML on source code to novel problems
- Use traditional ML techniques such as Probabilistic Graphical Models, SVMs, etc. along with the latest techniques from deep learning including graph neural networks
- Work with the Program Analysis Team to leverage techniques from static analysis to build rich representations of source code that are suitable for learning
- Work with the Program Analysis Team to improve the precision, robustness and scalability of traditional static analysis algorithms using techniques from machine learning
- BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Math/Physics or related technical field
- 2+ years of work experience, including experience working in industry or as a researcher in a lab
- Interest in pioneering research in a new and exciting field
- Experience in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Mining or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence)
- MS degree or PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning or related technical field.
- Experience with Machine Learning Modeling
- Contribution to research communities and/or efforts
- Experience with one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, recommendation systems, pattern recognition or similar
- Ability to work from our San Francisco office (wonderful office in the bustling Financial District area)