Mobile Engineer - iOS - Greater Manchester
Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom /
Engineering – Mobile /
Kitman Labs is a global human performance company, disrupting and transforming the way the sports industry uses data to increase the performance of the world's top athletes.
Driven by a passion to innovate in the areas of sports performance, analytics and user experience, we have assembled a team of the industry’s top data scientists, sports performance scientists, product specialists and engineers. The company received recognition by Fast Company in 2019 as one of the most innovative companies in the world.
Kitman Labs’ advanced Outcome-driven Analytics and Performance Intelligence Platform are used by over 700 teams in 50 leagues on 6 continents spanning soccer, rugby, American football, baseball and ice hockey.
We are looking for iOS developers to join the mobile team within our growing Product Engineering group. The group is responsible for creating and maintaining all of the tools that our customers use to get the best from their athletes.
Our mobile applications are built primarily using Swift with some Objective-C .
We believe in constant growth in a collaborative, positive environment, ideal for engineers who are looking to drive their careers on by joining a dynamic, growing team.
An idea of your day to day work
- Build interfaces that make it incredibly easy to get information into our system. We collect data from a wide range of sources, so it has to be frictionless for customers
- Design and build tools that help people make sense of the data they’ve collected and allow them to gain quick insights to power their decision making
- Obsess over the quality of the products that you build. We care deeply about providing an amazing user experience and achieve that through a mix of automation, constantly shipping new code, and iterating in short loops
- Ensure the scalability and availability of our systems by writing robust and well tested code
- Add to our product planning process by building prototypes, collaborating closely with Product, Design and Sports Science - trying to meet user requirements by adopting new use cases and technical approaches
- Help us constantly improve our engineering processes, standards and tooling
- Contribute to our technical architecture as we grow
Experience we look for:
- You’ve created multiple complex mobile apps and delivered them to customers. Our apps are rich and feature-ful. This combined with our broad, diverse user base means we’ll be interested in the scope of the apps you have built
- Comprehensive commercial experience developing mobile applications using Swift or Objective-c.
- Experience writing detailed UI and unit tests
- Experience using version control, managing build pipelines and deploying mobile applications
- Experience working with API’s such as REST or GraphQL
- Have experience and understanding of working in an agile environment
- Have a sound understanding of software best practices, patterns, object-oriented techniques
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
It would be great if you had some of these skills:
- Experience working with feature driven teams of designers, product managers and engineers
- Experience utilising Cloud services to rapidly build, deploy and manage robust functionality (serverless functions, notifications hubs, storage etc)
- Good UI design skills with a strong consideration for usability
- Experience working in a process orientated team
- Take a strong interest in how our apps are used, this is mainly by people in the sports industry but interest in sports isn’t required - we look for people who can empathise with our users and have a drive to help them succeed
- Cross platform experience developing Android apps
At Kitman Labs we pride ourselves on being the best and working with the best, so it should be no surprise that we are also dedicated to keeping the best through building a world-class work culture.
We truly believe that a successful company begins through having an outstanding and inspiring culture, so our benefits reflect this:
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity
- Health insurance
- Clear career progression path
- Wellbeing benefits
Our impressive Manchester office is located within a 5 minute walk of major Train stations and we offer a remote friendly hybrid working model.
In addition to building a team with diverse skill-sets, Kitman Labs is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We do not discriminate based on age, civil or family status, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please let us know.