Head Waiter/ Waitress
AWJ – Operations /
Kitopi is the world’s leading tech-powered multi-brand restaurant. With a mission to satisfy the world’s appetite, Kitopi operates a portfolio of both invested and franchised F&B brands, serving as enablers in the food market by helping brands to grow and scale, both in the delivery and dine-in space.
Launched in Dubai, UAE in January 2018, Kitopi has grown to become one of the greatest success stories in the cloud kitchen and food tech space. In July 2021, Kitopi announced its $415 million Series C funding round, led by the world’s largest technology-focused investment fund, Softbank Group Corp’s Vision Fund 2. This investment catapulted Kitopi to the prestigious Unicorn status, making it the fastest Unicorn to have emerged from the MENA region.
As a leading food-tech business, Kitopi’s growth has been largely fueled by its innovative and scalable software solutions. Kitopi’s kitchens are powered by its proprietary Smart Kitchen Operating System (SKOS) - an in-house suite of applications that optimizes cloud kitchen operations in real-time. As part of its growth roadmap, technological innovation, data science, artificial intelligence, and robotics will take center stage as Kitopi continues to reinvent the food industry as we know it today.
With over 4,000 employees, Kitopi currently operates 200+ locations across the UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Qatar, and runs its engineering hub in Krakow, Poland, its robotics hub in Denmark, and its global customer experience center in Dubai, UAE.
AWJ, a Kitopi company, is a fast-growing Food & Beverage Group of popular home-grown Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and international dining concepts. Established in 2014, AWJ is on a mission to satisfy the world's appetite to create joy. Headquartered in Dubai, AWJ embarked on its culinary journey with five unique concept brands – all strategically located across popular tourist and dining destinations across Dubai. AWJ has since expanded its presence to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the USA through both owned and franchised locations. AWJ future plans include identifying and exploring key regional markets in Europe, North Africa, and the USA, bringing in cutting-edge technologies, experimenting with traditional and innovative flavors, and blending diverse culinary traditions to create unique and enticing dining experiences.
To deliver friendly, efficient customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all our customers. To supervise, train, and motivate team members, with the key aim of retaining and attracting new customers
What You'll Do
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort & provide the team with a vision of the project objectives.
- Motivate and inspire team members and lead by setting a good example (role model) - behavior consistent with words.
- Coach and help develop team members; help resolve dysfunctional behavior, facilitate problem-solving and collaboration.
- Maintain healthy group dynamics, and intervene when necessary to aid the group in resolving issues.
- Assure that the team members have the necessary education and training to effectively participate on the team
- Encourage creativity, risk-taking, and constant improvement, Recognize and celebrate team member
- Coordinate with internal and external partners (Staff & Guest) as necessary.
- Familiarize the team with the customer needs, specifications, design targets, the development process, design standards, techniques, and tools to support task performance.
- Assure that the team addresses all relevant issues within the specifications and various standards.
- Provide necessary business information
- Initiate sub-groups or sub-teams as appropriate to resolve issues and perform tasks in parallel.
- Work with floor managers to obtain the necessary resources to support the team's requirements.
- Obtain and coordinate space, equipment, and communication lines for team members.
- Coordinate with the floor manager to establish meeting times, places, and agendas.
- Provide status reporting of team activities against the program plan or schedule.
- Keep the floor manager and outlet manager of task accomplishment.
- Communicate with the floor Manager and outlet manager about all issues that cannot be resolved by the team.
- Provide guidance to the team based on management direction
What Are We Looking For?
- Minimum high school academic.
- Experience minimum 3-year similar position.
- Good talent, good appearance, good presentation.
- Decision Maker
- Ability to be integrated into the new work environment.
- High interpersonal skills, and communication skills (in both English & Arabic)
- Hard worker, teamwork player.
- Highly Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others as well.
- Leadership and multitasking.
- Time management