Assistant Restaurant Manager
AWJ – Operations /
Kitopi is the world’s leading tech-powered multi-brand restaurant. With a mission to satisfy the world’s appetite, Kitopi operates a portfolio of both invested and franchised F&B brands, serving as enablers in the food market by helping brands to grow and scale, both in the delivery and dine-in space.
Launched in Dubai, UAE in January 2018, Kitopi has grown to become one of the greatest success stories in the cloud kitchen and food tech space. In July 2021, Kitopi announced its $415 million Series C funding round, led by the world’s largest technology-focused investment fund, Softbank Group Corp’s Vision Fund 2. This investment catapulted Kitopi to the prestigious Unicorn status, making it the fastest Unicorn to have emerged from the MENA region.
As a leading food-tech business, Kitopi’s growth has been largely fueled by its innovative and scalable software solutions. Kitopi’s kitchens are powered by its proprietary Smart Kitchen Operating System (SKOS) - an in-house suite of applications that optimizes cloud kitchen operations in real-time. As part of its growth roadmap, technological innovation, data science, artificial intelligence, and robotics will take center stage as Kitopi continues to reinvent the food industry as we know it today.
With over 4,000 employees, Kitopi currently operates 200+ locations across the UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Qatar, and runs its engineering hub in Krakow, Poland, its robotics hub in Denmark, and its global customer experience center in Dubai, UAE.
AWJ, a Kitopi company, is a fast-growing Food & Beverage Group of popular home-grown Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and international dining concepts. Established in 2014, AWJ is on a mission to satisfy the world's appetite to create joy. Headquartered in Dubai, AWJ embarked on its culinary journey with five unique concept brands – all strategically located across popular tourist and dining destinations across Dubai. AWJ has since expanded its presence to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the USA through both owned and franchised locations. AWJ future plans include identifying and exploring key regional markets in Europe, North Africa, and the USA, bringing in cutting-edge technologies, experimenting with traditional and innovative flavors, and blending diverse culinary traditions to create unique and enticing dining experiences.
Assistant Restaurant managers ensure that restaurants operate efficiently and profitably. Must coordinate a variety of activities, combines strategic planning and day-to-day management activities, in order to enhance restaurant sales. Responsible for the business performance of his restaurant, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service, and health and safety. Have creative aspects, particularly in marketing and business development.
What You'll Do
- Planning & Organizing
- Sets with the Area Manager the AOP for his Restaurant
- Sets with the area manager the monthly Restaurant Business Plan.
- Sets objectives for the restaurant and reviews them with his team periodically.
- Controls day-to-day operations by scheduling labor, ordering food and supplies, and developing the restaurant team
- Taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
- Analyzing and planning restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- Organizing marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
- Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control, and sales.
- Creating and executing plans for department sales, profit, and staff development.
- Restaurant Excellence
- Ensures local health and safety codes and company safety and security policy are met
- Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts. Managing staff and providing them proper & clear duty schedule
- Ensures maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds with a preventative maintenance program
- Ensures food quality and 100% customer satisfaction, Responding to customer complaints. Meeting and greeting customers and organizing table reservations
- Ensures a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team
- Focus on customer satisfaction strategies, and develop the needed action plans to maintain high standards of services in all restaurants according to the operation manual.
- Maintain customer mania spirit within the restaurant team, train and empower TM to handle complaints. Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company's uniform standards
- Participate in Setting product development & new product plans in coordination with the Quality Assurance Department –H.O. to maintain the progress in the business.
- Advising customers on the menu and orienting them as per their choice.
- Develop effective relationships with supporting departments (training, Maintenance, etc.)
- Work with the Area manager to determine the proper nationality mix for management and team members.
- Ensures that the customer mania mindset is embedded in his restaurant and sets the example for his team. Responsible for Employee Training, orientation, and motivation.
- Assist Operation Manager with menu item development and new marketing initiatives, stimulate growth in sales
- Responsible for customer service –waiting time to be as per standard in all area
What Are We Looking For?
- Minimum high school academic.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar position
- Ability to be integrated into the new work environment
- Good knowledge of the market.
- Knowledge and skills in F&B Retail
- Has Guest portfolio & business relation
- Presentable, High interpersonal skills, and communication skills (in both English & Arabic)
- Hard worker, team work player, flexible work under pressure.
- Highly Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others as well.