Commi II - Central Kitchen
AWJ – Operations /
Kitopi is the world’s leading tech-powered multi-brand restaurant. With a mission to satisfy the world’s appetite, Kitopi operates a portfolio of both invested and franchised F&B brands, serving as enablers in the food market by helping brands to grow and scale, both in the delivery and dine-in space.
Launched in Dubai, UAE in January 2018, Kitopi has grown to become one of the greatest success stories in the cloud kitchen and food tech space. In July 2021, Kitopi announced its $415 million Series C funding round, led by the world’s largest technology-focused investment fund, Softbank Group Corp’s Vision Fund 2. This investment catapulted Kitopi to the prestigious Unicorn status, making it the fastest Unicorn to have emerged from the MENA region.
As a leading food-tech business, Kitopi’s growth has been largely fueled by its innovative and scalable software solutions. Kitopi’s kitchens are powered by its proprietary Smart Kitchen Operating System (SKOS) - an in-house suite of applications that optimizes cloud kitchen operations in real-time. As part of its growth roadmap, technological innovation, data science, artificial intelligence, and robotics will take center stage as Kitopi continues to reinvent the food industry as we know it today.
With over 4,000 employees, Kitopi currently operates 200+ locations across the UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Qatar, and runs its engineering hub in Krakow, Poland, its robotics hub in Denmark, and its global customer experience center in Dubai, UAE.
AWJ, a Kitopi company, is a fast-growing Food & Beverage Group of popular home-grown Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and international dining concepts. Established in 2014, AWJ is on a mission to satisfy the world's appetite to create joy. Headquartered in Dubai, AWJ embarked on its culinary journey with five unique concept brands – all strategically located across popular tourist and dining destinations across Dubai. AWJ has since expanded its presence to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the USA through both owned and franchised locations. AWJ future plans include identifying and exploring key regional markets in Europe, North Africa, and the USA, bringing in cutting-edge technologies, experimenting with traditional and innovative flavors, and blending diverse culinary traditions to create unique and enticing dining experiences.
Prepare and deliver high quality of food items as per restaurant standard equally in busy & normal kitchen function, ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
What You'll Do?
- Support direct Central Kitchen Manager in the daily operation and work according to the menu specifications.
- Always keep work area in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the restaurant
- Control food stock and food cost in your section.
- Prepare the daily mis-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen.
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate Superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes, and preparation techniques,
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage, and cost control.
- Ensure that you operate within the appropriate legislation and the appropriate records are maintained up to date, including health & safety, hygiene, equal opportunities, HACCP and any other legislation as appropriate.
What Are We Looking For?
- Minimum high school academic.
- At least 1 Year experience in a Commi Kitchen
- Knowledge of legal requirement for health and safety, HACCP environmental health.
- Positive, dynamic, creative, and dedicated team player with the ability to work in a multicultural environment and under difficult condition, while possessing following additional competencies.
- Understanding the Job requirement.
- Taking Responsibility.
- Recognizing Differences.
- Customer Focus.
- Hard worker, teamwork player.