Brand Manager - F&B
Global – Consumer /
Kitopi is the world’s leading tech-powered multi-brand restaurant. With a mission to satisfy the world’s appetite, Kitopi operates a portfolio of both invested and franchised F&B brands, serving as enablers in the food market by helping brands to grow and scale, both in the delivery and dine-in space.
Launched in Dubai, UAE in January 2018, Kitopi has grown to become one of the greatest success stories in the cloud kitchen and food tech space. In July 2021, Kitopi announced its $415 million Series C funding round, led by the world’s largest technology-focused investment fund, Softbank Group Corp’s Vision Fund 2. This investment catapulted Kitopi to the prestigious Unicorn status, making it the fastest Unicorn to have emerged from the MENA region.
As a leading food-tech business, Kitopi’s growth has been largely fueled by its innovative and scalable software solutions. Kitopi’s kitchens are powered by its proprietary Smart Kitchen Operating System (SKOS) - an in-house suite of applications that optimizes cloud kitchen operations in real-time. As part of its growth roadmap, technological innovation, data science, artificial intelligence, and robotics will take center stage as Kitopi continues to reinvent the food industry as we know it today.
With over 4,000 employees, Kitopi currently operates 200+ locations across the UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Qatar, and runs its engineering hub in Krakow, Poland, its robotics hub in Denmark, and its global customer experience center in Dubai, UAE.
What You'll Do
- Brand Vision, Strategy, Growth & Profitability
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the customer profile and need and cuisine trends
- Lead the Brand Vision and Brand Strategy end to end
- Own the brand P&L inside Kitopi, up to the contribution line
- Monitor daily brand performance (Sales, Orders, AOV, Discounts, Aggregator Mix, Dine-in vs Delivery).
- Develop thorough plans to increase brand awareness, customer acquisition, sales, and retention through a coherent Aggregator Strategy with the local growth team.
- Facilitate winning decisions with data, facts, and thoughtful analysis focused on Consumer benefits while understanding the Financial and Operations impact.
- Menu and Product Innovation
- Create a brand rollout plan across new markets and support on the development of the brand playbook needed for international expansion.
- Lead menu and product innovation through regular customer experience touch points (ie. customer interviews, focus groups, etc) and run regular market research and trends analysis.
- Assisting with menu engineering/optimization and new menu item development (LTOs, Specials, fixed menu items)
- Research, brainstorm and develop a product development calendar for the brand with the Chef squad.
- Work cross-functionally with internal team members to provide valuable information for product launches, marketing campaigns, and setting product/brand success metrics.
- Brand Health & Operational Performance
- Monitor daily brand operational metrics (rratings, NPS, complaints, 86s, contacts rate, kitchen time, opportunity loss etc)
- Oversee reviews and customer feedback and synthesize learnings on a daily basis to share with key stakeholders.
- Constantly implementing quality checks via tastings and restaurant/kitchen audits with the Chef squad and adjusting accordingly.
- Branding, Marketing, Content, Events & PR strategy
- Define, and monitor key brand performance metrics to drive growth, conversions and profitability for your brand and cuisine category.
- Partner with the Marketing team to develop and maintain coherent marketing strategy and execution for both online, offline, and within aggregators in support of flavor storytelling, product launches and campaign executions/activations, ensuring cross-channel alignment.
- Partner with the Creative team to brief campaigns, projects, events and marketing initiatives while ensuring consistency of message, voice, tonality, and alignment with other PR, Branding and Marketing strategies.
- Build, test, and implement that connect the consumer across channels and create the best possible brand experience to drive loyalty and retention throughout the Kitopi ecosystem.
- Lead high-touch, magic-driving initiatives and experiences for customers and partner with the social team and external agencies to create breakthrough, culture-driving marketing programs and content plans and lead go-to-market strategy for LTOs to drive buzz, trial, and sales.
- Own measurement and reporting for initiatives aimed at improving the end-to-end guest experience, in collaboration with channel & marketing leads, including leading campaign postmortems and reporting.
What Are We Looking For ?
- Bachelor’s Degree, Hospitality, Marketing or Business
- 5+ experience leading teams in similar roles, in either restaurant operations and/or brand marketing, ideally at a group of brands with both strong dine-in and delivery sales
- Track record of development and implementation of a brand’s strategy and business plan, while taking ownership of the achievement of financial top and bottom-line targets
- Outstanding leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills, and ability to work on complex projects under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of food aggregators' dynamics as well as the marketing landscape across both organic and paid media channels.
- Experience managing the relationship and negotiation process with food delivery aggregators partners, and in strategizing and executing omnichannel activations and partnerships/collaborations
Recruitment Process and Timeline
First, you apply and let our recruiters review your profile. After reviewing, you will receive a link to book a meeting with a recruiter at your convenience to share more about yourself and for us to get to know you better. If you have been shortlisted, you will have the opportunity to meet our hiring managers. Depending on the scope of the role and the function, you may need to attend 2-3 rounds (which might include case study, role-play, trial, or live coding - this will be communicated to you in the initial conversation). Upon successful completion, your recruiter will get in touch with you to discuss the offer. We aim to take you through this process within 2-3 weeks.
- Extensive learning opportunities - we offer many hard and soft skills training to help you improve and challenge yourself
- You'll be involved in customized workshops run by Kitopi Academy
- You’ll have a chance to work in an international, diverse, and inclusive environment
- You’ll be part of one of the most caring communities out there.
- Finding a chance to become a shareowner with our ESOP plan (T&C Applies)
- Free and unlimited access to a nutritionist because we care about you
- No Dress Code!
- Extended maternity and parental leave
- The infamous team activities and social events are bursting with fun
- Inclusive Private Health Insurance
- Up to 50% discount from Kitopi brands
- 30 calendar days annual leave
- Work from anywhere policy (T&C Applies)
So, what does it really mean to work at Kitopi?
We are constantly striving to make Kitopi the best place to work in the world, by empowering you to be the best version of yourself every day. Our company values act as our guiding principles to help ensure that everyone feels safe, included, and like they truly belong.
Kitopi is an equal opportunity employer. While we currently operate in 6 countries, we are over 70 different nationalities of talented Kitopians. We celebrate our rich diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures and have a 0 tolerance policy towards racism, bigotry, and hate. Please apply if you see a position that makes your heart skip a beat and help us build a company where we're all proud to work for.
Along with offices in all the markets we operate in, we also believe in a “work from anywhere” policy - you get to choose the environment you operate in because we believe this will help you deliver work you’re proud of.
Tech-enabled and customer-obsessed, at Kitopi, we are a team of passionate humans who are on a mission together to satisfy the world’s appetite.