Business Operations Manager
Palo Alto, CA
Kitty Hawk – Business Operations
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
Kitty Hawk is seeking a passionate Business Operations Manager to join its team in Palo Alto, CA. The Business Operations Manager will manage ongoing priority projects & implement solutions in support of our Business Operations team. The ideal candidate will be focused on results, a self-starter, and have unparalleled attention to detail. This role will be a key member of a collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced team, will lead high-visibility projects and make significant contributions to the growth and maturity of the company.
What you'll do:
- Own and be a key contributor on important initiatives for the Business Operations team-- ensuring projects are delivered on time, on budget, and with all agreed upon deliverables
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the team and company to develop, publish and implement new operational processes and systems
- Take full ownership of a number of ongoing priority operational projects, with precise management plans and consistent cadence of communication at all levels
- Continually evaluate current processes, identifying gaps, issues, and seek opportunities for improvements
- Example projects: improving and driving publication plans for company policies, owning internal company website, managing insurance and other cross-company third party vendors, assisting with legal contract reviews and approval process, and creating and implementing workflows and ticketing systems
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years experience driving cross-functional projects in a dynamic environment
- A willingness to "own" projects - be the expert and stand by the results
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Stellar communication and relationship-building skills, with the ability to convey information, ideas, and action items clearly and concisely
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with rapidly-changing priorities and tight deadlines
- A passion and aptitude for problem solving, with a continuous-improvement mindsetIntellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, and creative
- Experience with Google sheets, docs and slides
- Experience at private companies a plus
- Prior experience in manufacturing, aviation, autonomous transportation or related industries a plus
We are located in Palo Alto, with great access to nice outdoor spaces. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches and snacks, flight lessons, happy hours, and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.