Mountain View, CA
Flyer – Manufacturing
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are hiring extraordinary manufacturing talent to join our production operation. You will apply principles from high-volume, automotive manufacturing to produce vehicles at quantities never before seen in aerospace. You will be collaborating with the production supervisor and engineers to continuously improve processes and product, and ensure all production activities are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner.
- Stage, set-up, assemble, test, and install avionics and power electronics equipment on an innovative vehicle
- Independently fabricate first article harness assemblies and/or fabricating electro-mechanical assemblies
- Use web-based system to reference work instructions and document assigned tasks
- Maintain high standards of workmanship, calling attention to any quality issues that are noted
- Use precision calibrated tools - torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers
- Independently perform verifications and document results in a clear, precise, and complete manner
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment with branding, communications, production, and engineering teams for ongoing product development insights
- High school diploma/GED
- 1+ years of hardware installation, or production experience in automotive, aerospace, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment
- Basic understanding of connections, harnesses and electro-mechanical systems
- Ability to read/understand technical drawings, manuals, and reports
- Experience self-checking work to quality standards
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.