Senior Electronics Technician
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Manufacturing
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are looking for a Senior Electronics Team Member to join us for the production of avionics and electronic components of an exciting new class of all-electric personal aircraft. You will help develop and build the electronics and avionics.
Within 3 months you will:
- Get to know the team
- Learn company processes and procedures
- Become familiar with the assemblies that are developed and under development
- Become familiar with the ERP and PLM systems and work order scheduling
Within 6 months you will:
- Be trained in multiple work instructions on currently developed assemblies.
- Troubleshoot and correct assembly deficiencies
- Repair defective assemblies
- Follow and maintain your schedule
- Work with engineering on prototype design and builds
Within 12 months you will:
- Mentor and assist in training of technician team
- Validate and inspect finished product
- Troubleshoot and correct component deficiencies
- Assist in developing new equipment and prototypes
- Strong PCB soldering, cable assembly, and mechanical assembly skills
- Strong rework experience in micro-soldering and desoldering small SMT component packages such as QFP, QFN, small SMT Resistors and Capacitors such as 0603, 0402 etc.
- Five or more years experience as a technician assembling electromechanical mechanisms and/or power electronic assemblies
- 3 or more years managing an Electronics Assembly team
- Must be able to work from procedures and drawings with minimal guidance
- Understanding and use of basic electronics tools (Oscilloscope, DMM, crimpers, basic shop equipment, etc)
- Strong background in troubleshooting and repair of wiring and systems
- Able to select and manage parts from a BOM, assemble boards and test
- Good communication, problem solving and organizational skillsWorking knowledge of basic computer applications
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Able to read and understand bill of materials to build kits for assembly
- Experience in KANBAN, KAIZEN, and LEAN Manufacturing principles.
- Familiarity with computer systems and the ability to quickly learn Inventory management software such as MES, ERP, and MRP systems
- Extreme attention to detail and continuous pursuit of improvement
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skillsStrong team player
- IPC-A-610 certification
- J-STD-001 certification
- Wire Harness experience
- Electronics Associate degree, military training or above
- Experience with electromechanical systems and sensors (servos, motors, shaft encoders)
- Experience with Altium Designer or equivalent schematic/drawing tools
- Avionics experience
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.