Vehicle Operations Specialist
Mountain View, CA
Flyer – Operations
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
Vehicle operations Specialists make our operations run every day. This role is responsible for the full breadth of daily operations at any individual site to ensure business success. Using strong operational experience, this person will be instrumental in delivering daily value to our customers and communicating front-line feedback to help drive our products and business forward. As an Operations Specialist, you will be required to wear multiple hats, to perform all responsibilities related to our fleet operations and vehicle maintenance including flight support, vehicle handling, customer service, and site maintenance. This role is perfect for general operators who want to be challenged to build their operational career in a highly dynamic position.
In this role, you will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to directly influence the arc of commercialization of eVTOL vehicles. This role is based in Mountain View, CA.
Within 3 months you will:
- Accelerate your learning of the Flyer vehicle fleet: our operations standards/workflows, how we maintain the fleet, and how we interact with our stakeholders
- Learn vehicle maintenance process through on-the-job and formal training
- Be the face of Flyer for customers at our sites; greet your first customers
- Become familiar with the vehicle and its systems and support items
Within 6 months you will:
- Show mastery of Vehicle Operations Specialist tasks to include service team support, vehicle movements, charging and site infrastructure
- Respond and adapt to modifications to operating procedures; we’re always learning and improving our systems
- Exhibit mastery of providing operational feedback to HQ engineering and manufacturing teams
Within 12 months you will:
- Support the launch of new sites as needed, locally, regionally and nationally
- Help hire, train, and support staff at newly launched sites
- Be an integral part of our test-and-learn operational culture, as we grow our business
- Daily readiness of the Operations and flight test sites & infrastructure, including: basic site improvement tasks, troubleshoot networking & electrical issues over the phone, cleaning site for customers, operating forklift to unload vehicles,etc
- Handling of the vehicles during operations, lifting and wheeling them between the launch point and the charging pad
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and daily pre-op inspections, complying with the written procedures & formal training
- The continuous improvement of all standard operating procedures, ensuring the best practices are maintained across sites
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certification, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
- A clear communicator and collaborator
- Team player with a great attitude
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
- Must be comfortable working in an outdoor environment, on a daily basis, where you may be exposed to rain, snow, and extreme heat or cold
- Ability to frequently move Flyer vehicles and other equipment weighing up to 100 pounds, and over a distance of up to 100 yards
- Able to travel domestically up to 40%
- Previous related operational experience; military experience a plus
- Previous experience in high-growth operations or startup experience
- Previous marine experience preferred
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, charitable giving match, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.