Optical Sensor Electronics Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Software
At Kitty Hawk, we’re revolutionizing the future of air travel.
Our world-class engineering team is combining a century of aviation practices with technology breakthroughs to produce Cora, the world’s first self-piloting air taxi.
In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Today, we’re designing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft for everyday flight. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are currently seeking an engineer to join a dedicated sensor team building vision-based sensors for Cora. You will work with a small team of other engineers to design, build, and fly a novel sensor system for safety-critical flight operations.
- Define the hardware requirements for an optical sensor prototype
- Develop a sensor prototype incorporating both optical sensors and compute
- Perform schematic capture and layout for the first prototype version
- BS or MS in EE or equivalent, with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Expertise in schematic capture and layout of high-speed digital PCBs
- Experience driving a PCB project from start to finish
- Expertise with integrated optical sensors
- Experience with high-pin-count, high speed FPGAs and/or GPUs
- Developing certified safety-critical software (e.g. DO178B/C, or equivalent in non-aviation fields like automotive, medical devices, etc.)
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.