Engineering Operations Specialist
Palo Alto, CA /
Heaviside – Aerostructures /
Here at Kitty Hawk in Palo Alto, we are leading the race to market with our all-electric Vertical Take off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft. Project Heaviside is Kitty Hawk’s latest high-performance electric VTOL vehicle. It is designed to be fast, small, and exceedingly quiet, taking advantage of new possibilities to free people from traffic.
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Operations Specialist to join our growing aerostructures team. This position is a unique opportunity for the engineer to be involved early in the design of the aircraft and shape key engineering processes. The engineer will be responsible for implementing engineering workflows and tools, and overseeing their execution by the team. This position requires close collaboration across the engineering organization. A “team first” mindset and an ability to drive to compromises are must haves for this role.
- Implement robust and user friendly workflows for document reviews, approval, and release
- Maintain end to end traceability from requirements to as built part
- Implement robust part numbering systems
- Own engineering Bill of Material (BOM) and mass budgets
- Maintain the PLM system and CAD structure
- Summarize and present key engineering metrics to the company on a weekly basis
- BS in Engineering, or relevant discipline
- 5+ years experience working with engineering processes in the aerospace industry or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders throughout the organization
- Detailed understanding of review and approval processes for engineering documents
- Familiarity with part numbering systems
- Good understanding of CAD tree structures and associated metadata
- Strong working knowledge of PLM systems (Teamcenter, Enovia, etc.)
- Experience with BOM and mass tracking
- General understanding of MES and ERP systems
- Hands-on experience developing key engineering processes for certified aircraft
- Knowledge of various part numbering schemes and downstream implications
- Experience creating and managing review and approval routes within Enovia or Teamcenter
- Experience implementing BOM and mass tracking tools for aerospace R&D projects
- Expert knowledge of MES and ERP systems and interfaces with PLM
We welcome you to apply even if you don’t match every requirement posted for this role. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you are passionate about working on the next evolution in aviation and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply. Diverse backgrounds and experiences promote innovation and our goal is to build a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
All of our team whose roles allow them to work remotely are doing so, and will continue to do so until we’re able to be back in the office. For teams that are not able to work remotely we’re making every accommodation possible to provide a safe working environment, and ensuring we meet all state and county guidelines.
Our headquarters is in Palo Alto and we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 40% company matching (no vesting period), flight lesson subsidy, education assistance, and company-sponsored social events. For those working onsite, Kitty Hawk also offers commuter assistance, and free drinks and snacks.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.