Palo Alto, CA /
Heaviside – Manufacturing /
Here at Kittyhawk in Palo Alto, we are developing ground breaking all-electric Vertical Takeoff and Landing (VTOL) aircraft. Project Heaviside is Kittyhawk’s latest high-performance electric VTOL vehicle. It is designed to be fast, small, and exceedingly quiet, taking advantage of new possibilities to free people from traffic.
The NPI Engineer is responsible for setup and implementation of New Products and Engineering Changes Orders into production for Kittyhawk’s latest high-performance electric VTOL vehicle. This role is a key part of our vehicle assembly team and is the main point of accountability for the successful handoff between the manufacturing development and design groups.
- Full ownership of the introduction of new products into the production line
- Full ownership of the introduction and implementation of engineering changes into the production line
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of aircraft design, process and equipment capabilities, and quality control standards
- Reduce risk in the NPI and ECO process through analytical tools and executing mitigating actions
- Complete ownership of the NPI and ECO process in the manufacturing systems (Part Master, BOM, Route, Process Map, etc.)
- Responsible for metric(s) and KPI development and communication
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or related discipline
- 3+ years experience as an engineer in a regulated manufacturing environment with at least 2 years directly involved in new product introduction
- Organizational ability to manage complex timelines involving dozens of components
- Familiarity with engineering drawings, BOMs, and other technical specifications
- Experience process mapping and writing technical documentation
- Experience working with a wide range of vendors and contract manufacturers including internationally
- Ability to work in and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- In depth knowledge of ERP/MES set up and utilization
- Experience in aerospace manufacturing
- Experience with 3D Experience, Odoo, PicoMES, and Solidworks ePDM
- Familiarity with IPC standards
- Experience in an ISO 9001 or AS9100 environment
- Experience with vendor management and global supply
- Experience working with R&D teams
- Flight related hobbies or pursuits, such as a pilot, hang glider, paraglider, windsurfer, RC aircraft builder, or other
We welcome you to apply even if you don’t match every requirement posted for this role. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you are passionate about working on the next evolution in aviation and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply. Diverse backgrounds and experiences promote innovation and our goal is to build a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Please note that as of August 15, 2021, all persons working on Kittyhawk company premises must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination. Applicants may seek an exception through the reasonable accommodation process.
Our headquarters is in Palo Alto and we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 40% company matching (no vesting period), flight lesson subsidy, education assistance, and company-sponsored social events. For those working onsite, Kittyhawk also offers commuter assistance, and free drinks and snacks.
Kittyhawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kittyhawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Kittyhawk is an E-Verify employer.