Production Control Planner
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Manufacturing
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are seeking a hands-on production control planner to join our team developing electric-powered aircraft. You are a highly organized and detail oriented problem solver. Your core responsibility is to translate the master production schedule into an executable plan and track status of orders to that plan. If obstacles arise, use lean production techniques to problem solve with cross-functional teams to identify root causes and implement effective solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
Within 3 months you will:
- Learn: Deep-dive into the Cora production process, parts, and information flows required to build a Cora from scratch
- Plan: Hold weekly cross-functional team schedule reviews to coordinate tools, parts, and labor availability to meet schedule requirements.
- Support: Release orders to the shop floor, track production status, anticipate bottlenecks and suggest alternatives in advance
- Prioritize: Coordinate Aircraft on Ground and other priority orders to satisfy customer demand with minimal schedule impact
Within 6 months you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team to translate the master production schedule into an executable schedule for the shops at a yearly through daily level.
- Create reports to track order and production status, as well as other KPI (key performance indicators) and recommend improvements
- Problem solve with cross-functional teams to identify root causes of obstacles and implement effective solutions
- Act as the liaison for ECO’s (Engineering Change Orders) in production, interfacing with a cross-functional engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure a smooth transition
Within 12 months you will:
- Collaborate to standardize KPI’s and SIOP (Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning) reporting across all Cora shops
- Suggest areas for improvement of the work order release process to increase planning and RCCA (root cause corrective action) opportunities
- Work with Supply Chain to analyze long lead time parts and recommend custom supply solutions
- Translate the master production schedule into an executable plan and track status of orders to that plan
- Coordinate cross-functionally (with Supply Chain, Quality, Manufacturing, Program Management, and Design Engineering) as needed to achieve goals and minimize impact of obstacles
- Use lean production techniques to problem solve with cross-functional teams to identify root causes and implement effective solutions to prevent reoccurrence
- Associates, Bachelors, or Masters degree or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- At least two (2) years working experience in manufacturing planning and scheduling
- Excellent data-driven problem solving skills are a must.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, with across multiple teams
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced manufacturing environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with various cross functional teams
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with different planning tools (ex. SIOP)
- Familiarity with manufacturing and assembly processes, particularly Lean, Six Sigma, and/or AS9100 manufacturing principles
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.