Palo Alto, CA
Kitty Hawk – Business Operations
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are looking for an experienced Recruiting Coordinator to join our small PeopleOps team. Kitty Hawk is in a very exciting growth phase for which talent acquisition is a critical area of importance to support our teams.
You are passionate about recruiting and creating the best possible interview experience. You are flexible, adaptable, and reliable. Ideally you have worked in a high-tech environment recruiting engineers.
Within 1 month you will:
- Immerse yourself into Kitty Hawk’s culture, developing an understanding of the various teams, divisions and projects
- Develop strong working relationships with hiring managers and interviewers
- Integrate into the recruiting process, learning our usual way of doing things, with plenty of opportunity to apply your own personal style
Within 3 months you will:
- Develop daily and weekly routines to ensure every candidate receives timely action and follow-up
- Assist with candidate sourcing
- Develop interviewing reports and analytics
- Own all scheduling workflows
- Manage job postings in ATS, LinkedIn, and more
- High-volume scheduling of phone and on-site interviews
- Greet candidates prior to interviews, and assume ownership of interview readiness (candidates, conference rooms and A/V setups ready to go at the interview start times)
- Assist with candidate screening calls
- Follow-up with hiring managers and interviewers as needed
- Assist with processing of interview expense receipts
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of high-volume scheduling experience, preferably in an engineering environment
- Expert knowledge of Lever or similar ATS system
- Passion for recruiting with innate ability to instill enthusiasm for our company into all communications with candidates
- Approach scheduling with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence
- Ability to make timely, effective, principles-based decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Previous experience within engineering environment
- Experience sourcing and recruiting passive candidates
- Experience with Google Apps suite
- Interest in aviation
We are located in Palo Alto, with great access to nice outdoor spaces. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches and snacks, flight lessons, happy hours, and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.