Assembly/ Vehicle Wire Harness Technician
Palo Alto, CA
Heaviside – Production & Manufacturing
Project Heaviside is Kitty Hawk’s latest high-performance electric VTOL vehicle. It is designed to be fast, small and exceedingly quiet, taking advantage of new possibilities to free people from traffic.
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are hiring extraordinary manufacturing talent to join our production and vehicle integration operation. You will apply principles of lean manufacturing to produce vehicles in the most efficient way in aerospace manufacturing. You will be collaborating with the team leads, production supervisors and engineers to continuously improve processes and products, and ensure all production activities are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner respecting our quality standards.
- Independently fabricate wire harness assemblies, electrical sub-assemblies (Low Voltage and High Voltage) and/or electro-mechanical assemblies
- Read, interpret and work from drawings, as well as from controlled documentation and processes. Including, but not limited to: Cable Harnesses: wiring diagrams, layout drawings, Mechanical Drawings, GD&T; Assembly Procedures / Work instructions; Schematics, engineering drawings, and parts list; Perform layup wires on mockup fixtures to fabricate harness assemblies; Integration and test of cables on flight assemblies; Delivery of completed cables consisting of a variety of different connector types
- Perform sub-assembly and verification of flight hardware and documenting results in a clear, precise and complete manner
- Use precision calibrated tools - torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers
- Maintain high standards of workmanship, calling attention to any quality issues that are noted
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment with branding, communications, production, and engineering teams for ongoing product development insights
- Assist with area efficiency improvement projects
- High school diploma/GED
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of wire harness fabrication experience in aerospace, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment
- Basic understanding of connections, harnesses and electro-mechanical systems
- Basic understanding of ESD, low voltage and high voltage applications
- Ability to read/understand technical drawings, manuals, and reports
- Experience self-checking work to quality standards
We are located in Palo Alto and Hollister, with great access to nice outdoor spaces as well as to airports at both locations. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches and snacks, flight lessons, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.