People Operations/HR Business Partner
Mountain View, CA
Kitty Hawk – Business Operations
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are looking for an experienced Business Partner to join our small PeopleOps team. You are a “relationships person,” and passionate about creating the best possible employee experience. You are an employee champion, and a change agent. You see potential in everyone and leverage individual strengths to create new leaders. You are flexible, adaptable, and reliable. Ideally you have worked in a manufacturing environment supporting both exempt and non-exempt employees.
Within 3 months you will:
- Develop strong working relationships within all levels of Kitty Hawk
- Integrate into the recruiting process, assisting with high-volume resumé review, candidate sourcing, interviews, and offers
- Contribute to improvements in the employee on-boarding experience
Within 6 months you will:
- Help drive the next employee engagement survey and performance reviews
- Develop workforce analytics, identifying areas of need and improvement
- Become an employee champion, and drive improvements to Kitty Hawk culture
Within 12 months you will:
- Assist with the planning of compensation, workforce, and succession programs
- Become an expert in the the day-to-day operations of the Kitty Hawk
- Partner with the PeopleOps Manager and Business Partner to identify areas of improvement in employee experience
- Assist with recruiting of future team members
- Partner with managers and team members to ensure healthy work relationships, excellent team morale, and retention
- Leverage workforce analytics and insights to determine the health of talent within the organization. Develop solutions to improve efficiency and develop programs
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations
- Maintain in-depth legal knowledge related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Hold an active leadership role in the performance review process, compensation, workforce planning and succession planning
- Identify training needs, and provide input to the leadership and development team. Occasionally support in facilitation of training
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical initiatives aimed at successful onboarding, training, motivating, and retaining top talent
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 3 years of relevant PeopleOps experience, partnering with engineering functions
- Extensive experience with high-volume recruiting for technical roles
- Strong understanding of PeopleOps programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on PeopleOps matters
- A track record of providing consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of PeopleOps
- Knowledge and experience in technology
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels of the organization
- Ability to make timely, effective, principles-based decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills; analytical and problem solving abilities
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lever applicant tracking system
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, charitable giving match, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.