Software Engineer, Test Automation & Release Pipeline
Mountain View, CA
Flyer – Software
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are looking for a test automation and release pipeline software engineer to join our talented software team. You should enjoy working in a small team, where you will own substantial and critical parts of the final product. You should be a team player without an ego, and passionate about doing whatever it takes to deliver value.
We are working on something that has never been done before, so we're looking for energetic, adaptable, and fast learners who can make sound engineering judgments with limited information.
- Enhance our continuous integration framework/build and release pipeline, including nightly/weekly builds and automated test; own the architecture and implementation of the pipeline moving forwardDrive our nascent HIL test setup to become a key component in our quality pipelineEnhance our release process by defining and implementing a “release acceptance” test
- Work with the hardware engineering and flight test teams to expand and maintain the HIL testbed, and ensure tests are representative of the flight vehicle
- Develop an understanding of (and intuition about) our codebase; enhance the test suite and become a contributor in the debug process
- Bring your testing/QA mindset to our team, including natural skepticism, critical judgment, disciplined thought, and excellent pattern recognition/systems thinking
- Where feasible, leverage our cloud-based/simulation test framework to develop statistics regarding the probability of failures
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Extensive experience in software test/QA, including development of automated tests
- Experience building/managing build and release pipelines
- Ability to read and understand complex codebases (C, C++); experience across the stack (from development through CI to test)
- Experience with hardware, microcontrollers, robotics, network infrastructure
- Experience developing in Python
- Experience setting up, configuring and using CI systems
- Very comfortable with Linux
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, charitable giving match, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.