Palo Alto, CA /
Kitty Hawk – Business Operations /
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are looking for an experienced Recruiting Lead to join our small PeopleOps team.
You are passionate about recruiting and creating the best possible interview experience. You are flexible, adaptable, and reliable. You have worked in a high-tech environment recruiting engineers. You want to be part of a fun and upbeat team that works with all areas of the business.
Within 1 month you will:
- Immerse yourself into Kitty Hawk’s culture, developing an understanding of the various teams, divisions, and projects
- Develop strong working relationships with hiring managers and interviewers
- Integrate into the recruiting process, learning our usual way of doing things, with plenty of opportunity to apply your own personal style
Within 3 months you will:
- Own Kitty Hawk’s candidate sourcing strategy and processes
- Develop sourcing reports and analytics
- Have placed your first passive candidates!
- Own the entire candidate experience to provide an outstanding experience to our candidates from initial contact to closing an offer
- Provide support and guidance to hiring managers in order to create strategic recruitment tactics based on the needs of the position
- Plan intake meetings with hiring managers to understand needs, ensuring alignment between job descriptions and target candidate profiles
- Conduct prep meetings with interview panels in advance of an onsite, and lead the debrief afterwards
- Demonstrate a persistent pursuit of passive candidates via personalized reach-outs
- Mine existing database of profiles in ATS to help develop recruiting pipelines
- Conduct initial phone screens with candidates to assess suitability for positions
- Follow-up with hiring managers and interviewers for feedback as needed
- Assist with developing interview training
- Build out the Kitty Hawk Internship program
- Identify conferences, job fairs and new recruiting platforms that provide the most value for Kitty Hawk to be a part of
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of high-volume sourcing of technical candidates
- Expert knowledge of LinkedIn Recruiter and Lever (or similar ATS system)
- Proficiency in Boolean search
- Passion for recruiting with innate ability to instill enthusiasm for our company into all communications with candidates
- Approach recruiting with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence
- Ability to make timely, effective, principles-based decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Experience with Google Apps suite
- Interest in aviation
We are located in Palo Alto, with great access to nice outdoor spaces. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches and snacks, flight lessons, happy hours, and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.