Flight Software Engineer (New Grad)
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Software
At Kitty Hawk, we’re revolutionizing the future of air travel.
Our world-class engineering team is combining a century of aviation practices with technology breakthroughs to produce Cora, the world’s first self-piloting air taxi.
In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Today, we’re designing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft for everyday flight. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are seeking new college graduates to join our software and avionics group, which builds our core fly-by-wire-systems.
You will help build the world’s best real-time avionics software platform for CORA, a self-navigating air taxi that will revolutionize the way people travel. As part of a small team of engineers, you will develop high-quality, well-tested software, for a variety of fly-by-wire avionics platforms. We have a variety of positions for embedded software engineers.
Responsibilities may include:
- Develop high-quality embedded software for hardware control, data manipulation, and network communications.
- Develop high-quality platform software for bootloaders, device drivers, and communication protocol stacks.
- Develop high-quality test tools and data analysis software.
- Perform unit-testing and software integration testing.
- Enhance build scripts, development environment and linker scripts.
- Help bring-up new hardware platforms and controllers.
- Write requirements and author designs, test specifications, and tests.
- Support aircraft testing
- BS or MS in CS, EE, CSE or equivalent
- Proficiency in C/C++ for embedded systems
- Familiarity with Python, Linux, git, Jira, Java
- Strong understanding of operating system fundamentals, real-time concepts, and concurrent software design
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation.
- Ability to read board schematics and perform basic hardware debugging
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.