Supply Chain Lead
Mountain View, CA
Cora – Manufacturing
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are seeking a hands-on Supply Chain Lead to join our team developing electric-powered aircraft. You are efficient in analytics, contracts management and strategy. Your core responsibility is to develop an efficient Supply Chain strategy to meet the production plans; run analysis to identify areas of opportunity to optimize the delivery of parts; lead strategies to optimize the supply chain and related total costs, and support our lean production system on tactical and daily problem solving.
Within 3 months you will:
- Learn the Cora Production System and the parts and information flows required to build a Cora from scratch
- Create a baseline reporting system to track the Key Performance Indicators for Suppliers (Quality, Total Cost, Delivery)
- Create a baseline for current supplier base, assessing contracts status
- Understand our Standard Terms and Conditions for Supply Chain Contracts
Within 6 months you will:
- Make significant progress towards standardizing contracts with Suppliers
- Provide structured analysis to identify performance improvement opportunities
- Create a forecast of purchasing and spend
Within 12 months you will:
- Partner with the Quality Manager to perform supplier audits
- Completed the contract standardization for all suppliers
- Identify opportunities and start a competitive bidding process to select best value sources
- Define Supply Chain Strategy for the Cora Production System
- Manage all contracts for all production suppliers, including negotiation
- Primary point of contact for suppliers, advising on build forecast, quality issues, and design changes
- Resolving component shortages that arise quickly, preventing impact to the line
- Identify cost saving opportunities in the Bill of Materials, and work with suppliers to reduce material costs
- Coordinate outbound logistics of finished Coras, shipping the vehicles to our test sites
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- At least five (5) years working experience in supply chain strategy development and architecture
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills. Strategic Sourcing, opportunity analyses, and strong negotiation with highly effective communication skills is a must
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbal, between Engineering and Production
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with various cross functional teams
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with a wide variety of technologies: PCB assembly, wire harness manufacturer, carbon fiber rework, bonding, avionics assembly, and fiber optic routing
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.