Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure/Testing
Mountain View, CA
Special Projects – Special Projects
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our software and controls group in a yet-to-be-announced project. You will be involved with flight control, ground control station, and simulation systems. And, you will be primarily responsible for software infrastructure, build and continuous integration systems, and designing and implementing major software test systems.
As an early hire in a rapid development process, you will have a considerable amount of responsibility in the design of the software stack.
- MS in CS or EE with 4+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent
- Proficiency in C++, Python, and in systems programming
- Build system development (Bazel, Make, etc.)
- Highly automated software development processes and modern tools (Git, Gerrit, JIRA, continuous integration, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement processes
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
- Supporting projects developed in C/C++, Haskell, and Python
- Decision coverage and static analysis tools
- Certified safety-critical software (e.g. DO178B/C, or equivalent in non-aviation fields like automotive, medical devices, etc.)
Ideally you would also have the following:
- A pilot's license or experience in related areas of flight such as RC model aircraft, paragliding, hang gliding, etc.
- Previous experience in a technical leadership role
We are located in Mountain View and Palo Alto, near Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches and snacks, flight lessons, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.