Mountain View, CA
Cora – Manufacturing Engineering
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are looking for a Receiving/Warehouse team member to manage and control material for the production of an exciting new class of all-electric personal aircraft. You will be responsible for receiving, stocking and material issue of production material to support manufacturing.
Within 3 months you will:
- Get to know the team
- Learn company processes and procedures
- Get familiar with the ERP system and materials
- Support purchasing in managing material
- Receive and stock parts
Within 6 months you will:
- Organize and set up material storage locations
- Help implement a cycle-counting program with purchasing support
- Organize and manage a KANBAN system
- Be proficient in aviation part control systems
Within 12 months you will:
- Assist in the development of part-kitting procedures
- Help with continuous improvement of procedures for mistake proofing and improving efficiency
- Be a superuser in material management modules of the ERP system: receiving, stocking, material movement and kitting.
You will be experienced in some of the areas below, and passionate about learning more:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years inventory control
- Able to read and understand bill of materials to build kits for assembly
- Experience in KANBAN, KAIZEN, and LEAN Manufacturing principles.
- Familiarity with computer systems and the ability to quickly learn Inventory management software such as MES, ERP, and MRP systems
- Extreme attention to detail and continuous pursuit of improvement
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong team player
- Forklift experience
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Receive, physically and digitally, incoming deliveries (pick, unload, label, deliver, store)
- Perform inventory control duties and report discrepancies
- Perform all duties related to physically and digitally kitting and issuing parts
- Maintain inventory database accuracy and update per procedures
- Keep a clean and safe working environment
- Follow quality standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.